Chapter 5: The Mountain Lion

I wake up to the sound of howling. I bolt straight up and hear footsteps rushing out of the house. I look and see that Scott is gone, probably the owner of the footsteps. 

I pick up my phone and call Chris.

"Chris, is something going down? I heard howling." 

"My sister Kate is in town. She was just attacked by the alpha, most likely." We have figured out that there are two betas and an alpha roaming the streets of Beacon Hills. The alpha probably got his status from Laura, but I didn't tell Chris that.

"Need help?" 

"No, we got it. I'll have to introduce you to Kate."

"I'm looking forward to it. Night."

"Night."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "So, Scott's really excited for tonight." I say to Allison as Lydia walks over. 

"For what?" She asks.

"He's coming over to study." Allison says.

"Scott's coming over? Tonight?"

"We're just studying together..." Allison says, slightly blushing. 

"'Just studying' never ends in just studying." Allison gives a confused look.

"It's like getting into a hot tub." I say. " Someone eventually cops a feel."

"So what are you saying?" Allison asks innocently.

"I'm just saying, you know, make sure he covers up." Lydia says, walking away.

Allison gives me a look as if to say 'explain please'. "Condom Alli. Condom..." I say shivering. She blushes as I say, "You know, I really wish I wasn't apart of these types of conversations. I really don't like to think of my twin in that way." 

"Are you guys kidding? After one date?" She asks, still blushing. 

"Don't be a total prude." Lydia says. "Give him a little taste.

"Hello! Still here! The boy you are talking about's twin sister?" I say.

"How much is a little taste?" Allison asks shyly. 

"Oh God, you really like him, huh?" Lydia asks.

"You should have seen her after he kissed her." I say. 

"Well... He's just different. When I first moved here, I had a plan: no boyfriends till college. I just move to much. Then I met him, and... He was different." Allison says.  "I don't know, I can't explain it."

"I can." Lydia says. I look at her waiting for her answer. "It's you brain flooding with phenylethylamine."

"What?" Allison asks, laughing. 

"I'll tell you what to do. When's he coming over?"

"Right after school." The bell suddenly rings and we start to walk out. 

"Lyd, can you give me a ride home?" I ask.

"Yeah, Jackson would be happy to drive you." She says, as we walk to the car. I

I look as I see a very sickly Derek walk in front of Stiles' jeep. "I'll meet you at the car, k?"

"Sure. Hurry though. Jackson and I need to get our own studying in." She says, smiling. She walks away as I go towards Scott's bike. I stand and watch the scene.