Chapter 15: Hostage Situation and the Police Station

"Lizzie, meet us at the police station." Scott says into the phone. 

"What? Why?"

"We need help with convicting Matt."

"What happened to Matt?" I ask, playing stupid. 

"He's the killer and you, more than anyone, can help find the motive."

"Fine, I'll be right there." I start to walk to the police station. 

I get there and walk in. "Hello?" I ask as there is no one at the front desk. I look over the desk to see a bloody corpse. Lizzie, act like a normal teenage girl. You gotta scream, or stay frozen, or cry, or something! 

I turn at the sound of a click. I gasp as I see a smirking Matt. "Turn around, and walk towards the sheriff's office." He says, pointing a gun at my head. I turn slowly and start to walk. As we pass the body, I see that Matt took her gun. Now that I know that it's a police officer's gun, I know that he only has a limited amount of bullets. 

We keep walking and Matt puts the gun against my neck. I keep walking and we finally get to the office. He pushes me inside by pushing the gun to my neck. 

I see the sheriff, Scott and Stiles turn to the door with wide eyes. "Matt?" The sheriff asks, making him turn. "It's Matt, right? Matt, whatever's going on, I guarantee you there's a solution that does not involve a gun."

"You know, it's funny you say that, because I don't think you know how right you are." Matt says. I know that he is talking about the kanima and I see that Scott and Stiles do too. 

"I know you don't want to hurt people." The sheriff says calmly. 

"Actually, I want to hurt a lot of people. You four weren't on my list, but I can be persuaded." I watch as Scott's hand snakes into his pocket. I see his fingers move slightly and realize that he's calling someone. "And one way is to try dialing someone on your phone, like McCall is doing." Scott's hand moves out of his pocket immediately. "That--That could defiantly get somebody hurt. Everyone." He says, gesturing for us to put our phones down. "Now!" Everyone puts their phones on the desk and he turns to me with an expecting look. I reach into my pocket ad throw it at the desk. 

We all walk to the cells where Stiles handcuffs his father. Scott also puts me into the cell, leaving me with Matt and Stiles. 

I hear yelling and then footsteps coming back. Scott and Matt come in and Scott lets me out. I look at him weirdly as we walk to the front. "Mom?" I ask quietly, as I see her walk in.

"You scared me, where is every---" She stops seeing the gun trained on us.  

"Mom, just do what he says. He promised he wouldn't hurt you." Scott says. 

"He's right." Matt says, as we both turn around. He moves the gun and shoots. He hits Scott in the gut as well as me. 

I stay still, recognizing the feeling of a bullet wound. I see Scott sliding down the wall as Mom screams. I realize that I'm not supposed to be familiar with the feeling, so I drop down quickly. I don't scream, not wanting to give Matt the satisfaction. "I never said I wouldn't hurt you." He says, looking at Scott. I hide the bullet wound and rush over to him, grunting in pain. 

I move behind Matt as he yells at Mom to shut up. I check out his wound, but he doesn't seem to notice me or my wound. I though werewolves were supposed to be able to smell blood... I think, annoyed.  

Scott is pleading with Mom to do as Matt says. 

"Get up, or I shoot her next!" Matt yells, pointing the gun at my mom. I stand up immediately, hissing in pain. The bullet is right next to my spleen.