Chapter Four

~Layla~

(Back at the mall before the accident)

When I first met Jacob, he was so sweet and funny and the most stupid jokes he told I was dying at.

He was sweet and funny and kept calling me beautiful.

"So, tell me a bit about yourself, Layla," Jacob says as I giggle and blush a bit. I looked into his deep, light gray eyes and I found myself mesmerized by the sheer beauty of them.

I then looked at his blond hair, his strong jawline, and the stubble along his jawline.

I swear he could be a Greek god if he wanted to.

The realization hit me after he was smirking once he saw I was practically eye raping him.

"You like what you see sweetheart?" He smirks and my eyes go wide and I look away, no doubt my face is as red as a cherry.

And then he emits a full-on, hearty laugh.

And oh my god, was it deep and sexy!

I was practically drooling at the sound and I was getting really nervous.

Eh, what the hell.

I laugh along with him and after we calm down, I've noticed that he moved closer to me, and was holding me by the waist. And when I looked into his gray eyes, I saw adoration in them. I sighed contently, and I laid my head on his shoulder as I talked about myself.

"Well, I'm sixteen... Uhh... Hah... Hmm." I tried to think of something. Interesting and he chuckled as I struggled to find words.

"Well, I'm nineteen. I'm turning twenty in about two weeks." He said and I smiled a bit.

"That'll be fun. What are you going to do for your birthday?" I said and looked towards him completely. Watching as his eyes shine brightly when I looked at him.

"Probably a pool party. But my family and I will probably go to a cliff that we always go to when someone turns twenty. It's basically a tradition. We all race in the woods to see who can get there first and jump in. And when you do, you howl. This is especially more fun because we do it at midnight on the day of that person's birthday." He smiles and I can see the excitement in his eyes, and the longing for it to happen. I smile in return and squeeze his hand.

"That sounds like f-" I cut myself off as realization hit me.

Wait a second...

I never grabbed his hand...

I looked down and saw his hand was over mine. And when I looked up, he was smiling cheekily, but guiltily as well. I giggled and intertwined our fingers and rubbed my thumb over his hand.

"Okay back to you. What is... Your favorite color?" He asked and I giggle. Typical first question.

"That's a hard question... Considering my closet holds like every color known to man." I laugh a bit and he joins me soon after.

"I would have to say... Orange. And before you ask next, yes, my favorite flavor candy is orange." I giggle as he looked at me with adoration. I looked deeper into his eyes and they held another emotion.

Love?

I thought for a second but shoved the thought away. You can't love someone as soon as you meet them.

"So, what's your favorite color?" I ask and he chuckles that deep sexy chuckle I've grown to love.

"Blue, and yes, before you ask, my favorite candy flavor is cherry." He says and I burst out laughing.