Chapter Three

A/N : Hey guys! I said I would be working on this book more often and that's what I'm doing.

I know the ending for Black Hair And Blue Eyes, I just don't know how to get to it.. You know what I mean?

Anyways! Here is chapter three, and I hope you all enjoy it!

-KeeleyBird

————————————————

~Dakota~

I woke up, outside of the car. Along with Destiny and Layla. They were wide awake and leaning against a tree, most likely waiting for me to wake up.

I groaned as I tried to sit up but failed miserably. The girls ran over to me in a panic, and when they kneeled down, I saw the damage.

It looked like Layla had a broken nose and a sprained wrist, along with a cut at the top of her head.

I then looked at Destiny and she had a black eye, as well as a bloody nose and a sprained wrist. I saw one of the cats come up to me and it nudged it's head against my wrist, putting its head in my hand.

I hissed in pain, but I still pet the cat until I was on the verge of tears. When I did start to cry, Destiny and Layla bombed me with questions.

"What happened? Are you ok?" Layla asked.

"Is your wrist broken or sprained?" Destiny asked. It went like that for a while.

"Do you need to go to the hospital?"

"Did you hurt anything else?"

That question got me thinking.

Did I get hurt anywhere else?

I mean, the crash was really bad and I don't know if one of the girls need to go to the hospital, or if those guys were still following us...

Oh, crud...

"Wait! Are those guys still following us?!" I leaned forward are when I felt a sharp pain go through my back and a rib, I knew I broke something. Especially since I cried out in pain and the cats ran up to me in a hurried fashion.

They started to surround me and Destiny and Layla started to back away for an unknown reason. The cats started to lick the areas where I was hurt and it let me tell you.

It.

Hurt.

Like.

Hell.

A cat's tongue is like sandpaper but worse.

But after a few minutes, it started to get better. The pain in my body, I mean. The cat's tongue still hurt like a bitch.

But when Destiny and Layla started to back away from me I knew something was up.

"What?" I asked and they looked at each other and then back at me.

But they didn't respond.

"What is it? Tell me, what is it?" I asked as they looked in shock at how I stood up with the support of the tree.

"Your body, it just... And you just... How did you?..." Layla stuttered and Destiny looked in shock. They both look behind me and then back at me. I then saw Layla pet one on the head for a moment and then stop.

"No there's nothing there Dakota. You were stroking something invisible a few minutes ago and it was creeping me out. And I thought you were just messing with me, but now that Layla is doing it I know you guys really are." Destiny stated as the cat started to lick Layla's hand and some of the others were going to her.