Chapter Twenty-One: Layla

I couldn't believe it. Dakota was awake. I didn't think she would ever wake up, and I'm glad she did. I can explain to her how I think Jax is a horrible mate for her, and that she should reject him and find a better one. Yeah, he would die, but I doubt she would. I mean, that only happens with werewolves, right? We are werecats; way more superior than the wolves. No disrespect to Jacob, Logan, or Riley though. They are great. 

I ran to Destiny and Logan's bedroom and pounded on the door.

"Dakota woke up! Come on!" I then ran to the game room and found Jacob playing with his friends.

"Jacob! Dakota woke up! Come on, we have to go!" I yelled as I grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the game.

"That's great news!" I nodded and smiled.

"Yeah! Now Dakota can reject Jax for him being a horrible mate!" I smiled and Jacob looked at me in disgust.

"What?" Destiny and Logan spoke up from behind me and I slowly lost my smile.

"Guys, this is clearly all Jax's fault. If he had protected her more, she wouldn't have almost died!" I grew angry and Logan scoffed.

"Get this through your thick fucking skull, Dakota and Jackson made an agreement. A LAW ABIDING agreement. It was a battle over Jax. Jax LEGALLY could not do anything. And if he did interfere, Jackson would have won by default and he would have killed Dakota on the spot, therefore killing Jax. I don't know who the fuck you think you are, talking about how my Alpha is not a good mate to Dakota, but you have not been more fucking wrong. And I can guarantee that if you keep talking shit about OUR Alpha, there will be consequences. Such as, you can be banished and you would be taking Jacob away from his family. From people who have loved him for all his life. You could even be killed for your actions, therefore killing Jacob in the process. So, if you want to fucking live," Logan got closer and growled before speaking again. "Shut the fuck up and learn your place." Logan grabbed Destiny's hand and she looked shocked. I scoffed and turned back to Jacob. He shook his head and looked so disappointed. I grew angry and huffed.

"Great job, you didn't even stand up for me." I folded my arms over my chest and he growled in anger.

"He's right. You need to learn our laws and realize that you are wrong. Mate or not, you will always have to respect that we have laws that we must abide by. And if you break them, you are either called a rogue or killed. End of story. Now, I'm going to see Jax. I don't give a fuck if you come with me. I've idiotically listened to you because you've threatened to leave me if I saw him. I was afraid of losing my mate, but I've realized that losing my friends and the respect of my fellow pack members is way more important than trying to constantly please you." I sucked in a sharp breath and tried to speak.

"I'm not fucking finished," Jacob growled out and I flinched.

"I have so much respect for Jax because he is a great leader and he makes a great mate for Dakota. He loves her so much and someone has to be fucking stupid to not see that." I saw the rage in his eyes and noticed his wolf Adam came forward. Even he was angry with me?

"I will not have any disrespect shown to my Alpha. Cause like it or not, you are replaceable if I so choose, or if I am blessed with a second chance mate. I love you, but I don't know what the fuck happened to you. You are showing me your true colors, and I don't know if I like it. Either straighten up or fucking leave." Jacob stormed out of the packhouse and I started to tear up. Why did he get so angry? I only stated a fact. Jax is a horrible mate and Alpha. He isn't much better than Jackson. I took in a deep breath and I made my way to the hospital. I don't care if Jax is there, I want to see my sister. 

I do hope she will come to her senses and leave Jax. 

She deserves so much better.