Chapter One

A/N: Hey guys. I thought this story would be good. But if it's not just tell me. Dont hold your feelings/opinions back. Just tell me what you think.

But I hope you all like this story.

-Keeleybird

---------------

~Dakota~

Briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

The last bell of the day. You know, you're never that grateful of life until you hear that last bell.

School is over for the day, and the weekend comes to replace it.

Everyone walks out of the class cheering. Forgot to mention, it's spring break!

I see my great friend Destiny run up to me all the way down the hall from Animal Science.

"Ah Dakota, it's a beautiful day. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and the wolves are," She paused and waited for me to finish her sentence. Destiny and I always do this. Our school mascot is a wolf and I think they are the most beautiful creatures ever made by God.

"Growling!" We both made growling noises and the people surrounding us made growling noises as well, but one is supposed to howl. When we heard Jack McMahon howl, other students and teachers howled with them. Everyone laughed as we saw a puppy try to howl from Animal Science. Everyone loved Buster.

"To thy secret hide-out!" Destiny yelled and grabbed my wrist. Our secret hide-out was this clearing with a lake in the forest. Destiny and I are sure that we are the only people that know of it besides my sister.

Because if people wanted to look for something beautiful, they wouldn't look just on the outside of things. You have to look deeper. You have to look on the inside.

Which is exactly what Destiny and I did!

No, literally, when we were first exploring the woods we came across creepy shit but went in anyways like Yolo and tada! Beauty at its finest right there.

Sure, you have to walk half a mile, cross a bridge-AKA a log over a creek, and then walk another half mile and BAM, you're there at a lake with flowers and trees, and every time you're there there are different wolves wandering around. We were excited about what we were gonna see.

When we got to the clearing I couldn't believe my eyes. There were three wolves.

There was a huge Autumn colored wolf, a black and white wolf-but it wasn't as big as the other wolf, and a gray wolf-it was the smallest one. The wind blew lightly and I knew they would find us here.

But when the Autumn and gray wolf froze, I knew it was a bad sign. I just didn't have the heart to leave.

But when they finally looked over, the Autumn wolf and I made eye contact, my breath was caught in my throat at the sight. I looked towards Destiny and she was looking at the gray wolf. I have to say he was beautiful but not as beautiful as the Autumn wolf.

I took the courage to walk up to it slowly. It was about twenty feet away, and I didn't want to scare it off. Destiny looked at me like I was crazy, cause these wolves weren't the playful ones that we have encountered.

As I was making my way towards the wolf, I tripped over a twig.

"AH!" I scream and I fall over the little hill and land on my butt. I looked towards Destiny-who I may add is on the ground dying from laughter. I look towards the wolves and see that they are smiling and rolling on the ground.

"Wow, thanks, guys! Love to see how much you really care." I say with a straight face and the Autumn one comes running up to me. I brace myself for the impact if it jumps on my lap, but it doesn't. Instead, it goes behind me and lifts my arms up, But I felt tingles too. I think my arm went to sleep though.