Chapter Seventeen

~Jax~

Oh, fuck.

'What now, father?' 

'You know exactly what I'm talking about!' I sighed and rubbed my face. 

'Dad, she is my fucking mate. It was going to happen at some point. I can't help that Ryder took over, as well as Buttercup with Dakota, and they mated first. So, if anything, blame him.' I heard my father roar in anger. This wasn't going to end well. I then felt the link cut off and heard a roar throughout the woods. I cringed and sighed. I decided the lesser of two evils would be Dakota's father. I drove to her place and parked outside. I saw Mr. Kennedy at the door with a bat and I sighed. I opened the door and stood next to my door.

"May I have some time to explain myself, Mr. Kennedy?"

"She's marked, Jax. Why the fuck, if she marked?" He was furious but nowhere near furious as my father. I rubbed my face and walked to the sidewalk and stopped there.

"My wolf took over, as you know. Mainly because of the full moon. But after about an hour or so, Buttercup took over, and I don't remember much but what I do know is that my wolf and Dakota's cat marked and mated first." I cleared my throat and Mr. Kennedy looked surprised.

"They do that as well?" I nodded.

"Yes, it is essential that if both mates have a wolf or an animal of sorts, they also mate one another. I didn't expect it to happen, but after Ryder and Butter mated, it started the mating process for Dakota and me. And in my honest opinion, I really didn't want Dakota's heat starting in school."

"Heat? I know Jane talked about that, but it never happened to her. What is it?" I sighed and I walked closer and sat down on the stairs.

"A female's heat is when they go through excruciating pain. The only thing that helps them is their mate's touch. So, let's say Dakota started heat in school. There are unmated wolves in my pack that attends there. They would smell her scent and would try and mate with her. But to her, it would be rape." Ryder on instinct let out a growl and it came through me. I cleared my throat and continued after I stood up.

"So, because of my wolf and Dakota's cat, both of us marked and mated one another." I rubbed the back of my neck and Mr. Kennedy stood.

"Before you say anything, yes I made sure to use protection. Yes, Dakota and I both made sure that we were ready and wanted to. I would never force her into anything she didn't want to do." Mr. Kennedy groaned and rubbed his face.

"And, by this happening, she is safe from the wrath of your father?" I frowned.

"Legally, yes. However, I don't know what my father is planning. Since we mated, a new link was opened within my pack, and everyone knows it's Dakota. My father woke up to it and he's more furious than you are."

"Why?"

"He doesn't want the mixed bloodline. He tried to get me to be with another Alpha's daughter. Out of every single Alpha, my father is the one that doesn't follow the rules. The only way now to get rid of Dakota's and mines' bond is if one of us dies." Mr. Kennedy nods and I panic.

"Fuck," I run back to my car and Mr. Kennedy runs to join me.

"She's in danger, isn't she?" I nod my head and speed back to her school.

"My father cut off our mind link earlier and he's been silent since. He is either going on a killing spree, or he is going to try and kill Dakota." I made it to her school in record time and quickly parked the car, along with jumping out of the car. I sniffed the air and truth be told, my father was near.