Chapter Twenty-Two: Dakota

I couldn't move, and I couldn't see, but I definitely could hear.

And what I was hearing, pissed me off to my very core. 

I have heard every single thing Jax, Mary, and my father have been discussing. Hearing about all of the fighting that's been going on. Especially from my sister! How she refuses to visit me because Jax is here! And how she has the fucking nerve to say that she wants me to reject Jax! I heard that from Logan and Destiny. They came into my room a few minutes ago. They quickly told Jax, Mary, and my father of what Layla had the nerve to say. I felt Logan's anger and I grew confused. A few days ago, I wasn't able to feel aura's. I wasn't strong enough. 

'Hey, Butter?'

'Yes?'

'If I can feel their aura's, can I expel mine so they can feel mine?' Buttercup thought for a moment before replying.

'You can try?' She seemed unsure and I sighed.

'I'll try in a minute. This wore me out a little bit.' Butter cut me off and I let out a dry chuckle. She desperately wants me to wake up and honestly, I agree. I want to be able to hold Jax and confirm with him that all of this was truly not his fault. I heard the door slam open and I could feel Jacob's pure rage.

"Jacob!" I heard Jax run over to his friend and I heard Jacob huff in reply.

"I know what Layla said, Jacob." I could feel Jacob's fear.

"I told her. I told her not to say dumb shit. I told her it could get both of us killed for disrespecting you. I left her at the packhouse because I was tired of her forcing us to stay away from Dakota and you. And I still love her, but I couldn't handle the bullshit coming from her mouth." I heard Jacob start to cry and I heard Jax hug him.

"It's alright. She's just angry her sister got hurt. We all are. But she does need to listen and understand I couldn't legally do anything." Jax sighed and sat back in his seat next to my bed. God, I would do anything to just hold him again. Jax grabbed my hand and took in a sharp intake of breath.

"Jax? Everything alright?" Destiny questioned and Jax started to cry and laugh.

"I can feel the sparks. I think she might actually wake up soon." Jax laughed and kissed my hand several times. I felt the happiness and sparks flow through me and Jax sobbed.

"I haven't been able to feel the bond that much. She was so weak that I couldn't feel anything. I knew she was alive, and that's why I haven't died yet." Jax ran his fingers over my hair and I hummed. I haven't been able to feel anything lately either until now. 

"Are you able to mind link her?" Mary spoke up and I felt Jax perk up.

'Dakota? Love? Can you hear me?' I broke out in a sob and spoke.

'Yes, I can!' Jax started to sob while moving.

"She can talk to me again!" Jax refused to let go of my arm and I felt something wet on my cheeks.

"She's crying," My father spoke and I felt Jax wipe away my tears.

"Someone, get a nurse!" Jax spoke in his Alpha tone and I felt Logan's presence leave the room and come back in a few seconds later. A nurse came up to me and started taking my vitals. Jax still had a hold on my hand and I decided I would try and move.

I tried as hard as I could to try and move my finger. I felt a spark touch my fingertip when I successfully touched my mate.

"She touched me," Jax was quick to sit up and tell everyone.