The Plan - Part 1

Skyla’s P.O.V

The music was blasting around me in a hypnotic rhythm. Everyone was crowding around every room drinking and chatting with their friends or people they just met. The living room of Sebastian's condo was clear of furniture and had groups of teenagers dancing to the wild beat.

"So happy you guys showed up!" Piper stated as she ran up to us and hugged both Rosia and I. "At first I was thinking y'all wouldn't show! Yet! Now that you are here, I will say that the liquor is in the kitchen! As for the snacks, they are in the dining room. If you are looking for fun ready to party people, you will come across them in every room!" Piper exclaimed with a slight slur to her voice.

Kelly popped up beside Piper and looked at Rosia and I. "Hey! Love your dress, Rosia! ... Why are you wearing a trench coat Skyla?" Kelly questioned.

I looked down at the black trench coat that I was wearing. Rosia had grabbed it on our way out of the dorm while telling me she had a devious plan for Sebastian. On the cab ride over here she informed me on what she thought I should do. Let’s just say, I’m best friends with a mad genius.

Rosia pointed to Kelly’s plastic cup in hand. “Is that cherry coke and rum?” Rosia asked as she distracted Kelly.

I shagged in relief because I really didn’t want to explain to Kelly all that has transpired in the past hour. It would be a length story that would get me riled up and plus, Kelly would probably forget what I told her after a few more drinks.

“Yep, want some?” Kelly inquired as she passed Rosia her blue solo cup.

“Hell, yeah,” Rosia commented as she grabbed the cup and chugged down most, if not all of the drink. Passing the cup back to Kelly, Rosia thanked her and said she was going to go to the kitchen to make her own. Before leaving us, Rosia looked at me, “don’t start our plan until I get back.” Her tone was low and I knew that neither Kelly nor Piper had heard her.

Nodding, I watched her figure retreat back towards the kitchen.

Turning my attention back to Piper and Kelly I found out that they were nowhere in sight. I felt slightly worried about them because I feared that they were too tipsy to make ‘good’ decisions. Not seeing them, I told myself that they would be find and to keep my mind focused on what I was about to do.

“Look who I picked up in the kitchen,” Rosia said as she made her way over to me.

Beside her was a male, about our age with really green eyes and shaggy brown hair. He gave me a smile followed by a wave, “hey.”

Glancing at him a second longer, I gave a smile before reaching out for Rosia’s arm. Pulling her beside me, I whispered in her ear. “Who is he? He looks familiar.” Releasing her, I gave the guy a grin as if nothing was going on and I knew who he was.

“This is Zhan,” Rosia exclaimed in a loud voice.

I felt embarrassed that she basically shouted that. Gazing back over at Zhan, I nodded before realizing that he was the guy that was flirting with Rosia at the party she, Piper and Kelly dragged me too. “I remember you, now,” I confessed.

He gave me a goofy grin. “No worries. So, I hear you are going to try and swoon my cousin.”

“Excuse me?” I question as I wondered what he meant.

“Sebastian is my first cousin. Rosia, here, tells me you are going to try and swoon him. I have to admit, it will not be hard.” Zhan declared as he looked straight at me.

“Uhhh … why do you say that?”

“He is madly in love with you,” Zhan told me. “I can see why.”