Wanting What You Cannot Have

I stood there for a good five minutes watching everyone have 'fun' and it wasn't long before I started to feel alone. Soon, I began to wonder if Rosia was ever going to come back.

The mere thought of what she must be doing crossed my mind, because as I looked on the dance floor she was nowhere in sight.

“Hey, we're headed back to the dorm.” Kelly said as she came up to me with Piper in tow.

“I think it would be wise if y’all wait till Rosia gets back and I can drive you two home. Since you guys clearly have been drinking.” I stated seeing as they were a little intoxicated.

Piper shook her head at me. “My brother, Max is taking us back," she stated.

Right when she was done talking, a male came up to us and looked at me with a smile before turning to Kelly and Piper.

“Ready?” He asked them.

“Are you Max?” I quizzed. He faced me and nodded. “How much have you had to drink?”

“I just drove here, sober, to pick up Kelly and Piper. Piper started to drunk text me and I figured they should go back to their dorms before they do something they regret.”

I sighed thankful he and I were on the same page.

“Such a big brother,” Piper slurred and with that Max led them out of the mansion.

All the sudden, Rosia came over to me a grin from ear to ear. It was then that I noticed a hickey on the nape of her neck. I gave her a disappointed look which she shrugged off.

“So, what do you think of the party?” Rosia asked with the slurring of her words. I watched as she wobbled a little. I held my hands out, waiting for her to fall at any second. But she stood her ground and gave me a smirk. “I’m fine!” She told me in a drunken tone.

“Yes, and I am a dumbass.” I replied sarcastically.

“That you are! I invited you to this awesome party! You just stand up against a wall and watch others dance and have fun!”

“First, you forced me to come. Second, these people are not dancing. They are grinding and touching each other as if they were in a private room. Lastly, they will regret going to this party when they wake up with a hangover from hell, so it’s not all that fun in the end.” I honestly told Rosia. When I stopped talking I realized I had said that all in a harsh tone of voice.

“Well, sorry!” Rosia extended the two ‘r’s in sorry. “I thought getting ya out of the dorm and let ya mingle was a good idea. But excuse the fuc-” Rosia was cut off by a male voice on what sound like the loud speakers.

“Ray, cut the music off,” with that the music stopped and people all paused what they were doing and everyone looked up at where I knew the stairs were. I really didn’t even take a look at who was talking and who everyone was looking at. Instead, I ran out of the mansion.

The bitter cold air hit me and I shivered.

Why the hell did I let them drag me here?

“Skyla?” I whipped around to see ... Steve. I smiled, but then frowned as Jack’s words played over and over in my head. “What are you doing here?” He asked me with a goofy grin. I shrugged my shoulders and noticed that he was approaching me. My mind was yelling for me to get away, to run. For I knew that Jack was watching, whether it be by him or some spy. After all he knew about the date I had with Steve.

“Came with some friends.” I admitted once he was about a foot away from me. He stopped in his tracks and just looked at me. “What?” I shyly asked.

“Did I do something wrong?” He quizzed. I became confused as to what he was asking. He must have noticed because he clarified what he was talking about. “The scavenger hunt, the singing, and McDonalds. I will admit I don’t date, actually that was the first date I have had ... And-” I cut him off.

“Steve, Steve, stop! It was wonderful and perfect. I feel so bad that I left like I did. Th-there ... It’s just that-”

Steve stopped my explanation by kissing me. Mentally I had no idea what to do, but physically my hands instinctively moved to his to his hair. My fingers started to get tangled in his hair. Our bodies started to press against one another. Pure bliss spread through my body, but as it did, so did reality.

I swiftly pushed him away.

He stumbled back with a shocked expression planted on his face.

“Steve, I like you … But I can’t.” with those words I slipped off my heels and ran all the way back to my dorm, holding back the tears.

I reached my dorm room and was at the brink of crying my eyes out.

I really like Steve, but the thought of Jack made me so angry!

I knew that he would find out, and then he would come for me, sooner or later.

<><><><><><><><><><>

Edited by: Penguin42698 (aka Victoria)