Chapter Three

It was a little before 11:00 pm when all of us sat in Paige's garage. Dacotta was twelve, and in love with Tyler. She drove me insane that night when we got into the garage. All she wanted to do was call and talk to him. It didn’t make things any easier when he called around midnight.

“OMG! Is that him?” Dacotta practically stole my phone from hands “AH! It is! I’m gonna answer it!”

I dove across the blanket we were sitting on and snatched my phone back. “NO!” I yelled. I looked at my phone and ignored his call. “Him and I are doing something. No one is allowed to talk to him.” Everyone looked at me like I had lost my mind.

Paige stared at me, “I thought tomorrow was..” She trailed off, “Wait! Happy one month!”

My jaw dropped, and I looked at my phone to confirm her thought. I didn’t even realize it was that late! “Oh my gosh! He called to tell me that! Oh!! Now I feel absolutely terrible! I feel so bad!” I looked down at my phone. '1 Missed Call' scrolled across the screen. It killed me not talking to him.

“You might as well call him. You know you’re not going to wait. You're going to call him either way.” EmmaLee smiled at me. She knew me so well.

“I can't though. I told him we couldn’t talk for twelve hours. I’m testing to see if our feelings for each other are as strong as I'm hoping.” It made me sound so foolish when I finally voiced it aloud. It made me want to laugh at myself.

EmmaLee looked at me, "What are you talking about?!"

I looked down at the red blanket we were sitting on and shrugged, "I don't know. It sounded like a good idea when i first told him about it, but now.." My voice faded.

“Call him. Now.” Jessie pushed the phone in my hands closer to my body.

“I don’t know... I don’t think he's gon--” My phone started vibrating and I looked down. One of my biggest smiles spread across my face. My phone said ' Baby Boyyy!<3 Calling'.

EmmaLee leaned over me and pushed 'Accept'. I didn’t move. I didn’t speak. I was frozen in place. Paige reached over and pressed 'Spkr On'.

He was in the middle of saying “Babe, are you there?” when the speaker turned on. “Hey Baby.” I looked around the room and everyone was smiling at me.

“I thought you weren’t going to answer my calls? I was prepared. I was going to keep calling you until you answered. Even if it took all night.” He laughed, “If you wouldn’t answer, you weren’t going to get much sleep. Of course, it’d be SO much easier for you to fall asleep if I wer--”

Ut-oh! I knew where he was going with that.. I had to interrupt him before the younger girls heard him. “Uhmm! You're on speaker! Watch it! There's little girls here too.” I sighed in relief. I cut him off just in time.

He had stopped talking though. After a few awkward moments of silence he said, “Oh. Right. Hey ladies!”

I laughed a little. He was embarrassed. In unison they all said “Hey Tyler!” In a sing-song voice. Both of us laughed.

“How are all of my girls tonight?”

Whoa! “What was that? All YOUR girls? Excuse me?” Hopefully he could tell I was messing with him. I didn’t want to fight with him on our one month anniversary!

Thankfully, he understood my joking. “Yes. My girls. Everyone on that end of the phone is in love with me! Who wouldn’t be though?”

Oh no! He was going to pull THAT card? I laughed but EmmaLee beat me to respond, “Oh yeah! Let me tell ya. I’m just TOTALLY in love with you and everything. I’m pretty sure only two people in this room love you. You obviously know one of them.” I looked over at EmmaLee. Dacotta looked like she wanted to punch her in the face!