Chapter Six

A few months went by and nothing really changed. Tyler continued to grow more and more angry with the car his father gave him. Nothing he was doing was working. Seth kept offering to bring him up here so he could meet me too, but Tyler wouldn’t stop refusing him. He wanted his own vehicle and I understood what he was saying. I continued wishing that something good would come of the car, I hated the idea that we might have to be apart longer.

The only good thing that was about to happen to me was EmmaLee was coming down this afternoon, and we always had a ton of fun. It was even more special for me because my fifteenth birthday was this Wednesday, and she'd be able to party with me! I was so stoked! I hadn’t reminded Tyler that my birthday was coming up and he hadn’t mentioned it to me. Part of me wondered if he even remembered.

Tyler had finally figured out what was wrong with his car; it was a piece of junk that probably wouldn’t ever run again. Tyler had been looking for a reliable vehicle ever since. I tried so hard not to let that bring me down, my heart ached because he wasn’t here yet. I guess the only thing I can do right now, is wait.

Of course, I stayed across the street with EmmaLee, Paige, and Dacotta that night. This time though, we stayed outside in the tent. Well, Paige, EmmaLee, and me all stayed out there. Paige's older brother Ian was down and Dacotta, Zack, and my little brother, Alex, were all inside hanging out with him.

“So what are we doing tonight?” I asked, wondering if they had anything planned.

“It doesn’t really matter. Whatever we decide to do, we're going to have a blast!” Paige said.

I don’t know yet. Keanah, where's your phone at?” EmmaLee asked.

I looked down. I really didn’t want to talk about it right now. “Right, well.. I got grounded.”

Both girls looked over at me. “What did you do to get your phone taken away?” Paige asked looking over at EmmaLee.

I sighed, “I didn’t do anything, but it was easier for me to take the blame than to let Sierra fall. Her mom would’ve killed her.” I laughed, “Never mind. Both parents tried to kill me.” I shook my head. I wish Sierra would’ve warned me about what she did.

“Okay, what did Sierra do that got you in trouble?” EmmaLee asked, looking doubtful.

I decided to give them a summary of the good things. “Uhmm.. She got on my myyearbook account and was talking to guys.”

Paige gave me a weird look, “So you got in trouble for talking to guys?”

I laughed again, “I wish. No, its what she was saying to these guys that got me in trouble.”

The smile faded from EmmaLee's face and she paled a little. “Oh no. Did she do what I'm thinking she did?”

I nodded. “Yeah. To A LOT of different guys. She gave them my cell number, my address, everything. I'm in so much trouble.” Paige had this look on her face that said she was confused so I said, “I'll explain it to you later Paige. Let's do something fun.”

EmmaLee shook her head. “How long has it been since you talked to Tyler?”

At the mention of his name my heart ached. “It's been almost a week. I feel horrible because he doesn’t even know.” I almost started crying.

EmmaLee pushed her phone toward me. “Here, text him or call him. Whatever you want to do.”

I took the phone and dialed his number. I held my breath.

“Heeyyyyy Cupcake!!”

I froze. He couldn’t know it was me. This is EmmaLee's phone. I didn’t speak. I mouthed, “Did you text him?” to EmmaLee. She shook her head, “No, why?” She mouthed back.