6

I stared at the door where Fern and Gabriel were in, it had been an hour since I was kicked out of the room and I dying to know what was going on.

Curiosity killed the cat, but the satisfaction brought it back.

Fuck this. I got out of my chair, grabbing a random folder off my desk and walking over to the door, there really had to be a better option than eavesdropping right now. I leaned in closer, I could hear their voices, why can't they talk louder.

"This is the most absurd option I've ever heard." 

"It'll work though."

"What makes you think she'll even do it."

She? Who were they talking about, "She won't know, I'll make sure she won't know."

Were they talking about Carly?

"And how are you going to make sure she doesn't find out Gabriel?" There was a long silence, "Richard and Carly can deal with it."

Was it Carly or someone else?

I wonder what the argument was about. I could hear more silence and I rushed back to my desk before I was found, damn it, I was too curious for my own good. And it was a good thing I did as Richard strolled in smiling, "Ah, Just the person I was looking for."

"M-me?" I squeaked as my  heart beat fast, he didn't know I was eavesdropping did he?

"Yes, you do have a passport don't you?"

I blinked, well this was a strange question. "Of course." I nodded, I went on frequent business trips with Gabriel, I had to have a passport. He nodded taking out a little notepad and pen and ticking something.

"Are you married?"

"No, but-"

"Do you have any warrants."

"What? No!"

"Good, good I know just checking," He smiled down at me, "And one last thing, have you ever been arrested or banned from any country."

My jaw dropped, was he serious. Richard looked up, his pen ready to write something. 

"What the hell are you on about Richard?"

"Richard." A new voice called and we both turned to look at Gabriel who then turned to look at me, "You can leave."

"What?" I asked. 

"You have the rest of the day off."

I had to blink, a few times just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. The man who said time was money and money was power and that I was a waste of breathe when I slacked off at work, was telling me to go home?

Was I hearing him right?

"You mean, the rest of today, Friday, off?"

"Yes that's what I said." And he shut the door after Richard walked in. I was still for a moment before I got excited, I had the rest of the day off, oh my god, I really did. Not wasting a second, just in case he stuck his head out the door and told me he was joking I packed everything up, grabbed my flowers and rushed out the office before someone could spell the alphabet backwards.

He only let me off three hours early, but that meant three hours early to the weekend. I dialled Kyle's number as I headed towards the tram stop, and he picked up on the first ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey," I said somewhat breathless from running down the stairs, damn I really needed to up my fitness level, as if that made me breathless, "Where are you?"