Chapter Four

My Husband's Lover
Nhica Moico

If I don’t need you then why am I crying on my bed?
If I don’t need you then why does your name resound in my head?
If you’re not for me then why does this distance maim my life?
If you’re not for me then why do I dream of you as my wife?

I don’t know why you’re so far away 
But I know that this much is true
We’ll make it through 
And I hope you are the one I share my life with
And I wish that you could be the one I die with
And I pray in you’re the one I build my home with
I hope I love you all my life

Daniel Bledingfield, If You're Not The One

Chapter Four

“Don’t touch me!” Jace yelled, his face showed anger and hatred. He let go of me and spat the words at me “You ruined everything! I could be having fun right now, I should be with Jordan right now, but instead I’m stuck with you!”

“Jace” I whispered, pleading. I didn’t know why I was pleading, but I was.

He lowered his head down, so that our heads were on the same level. His eyes blazing he said, “Shut up, Amy! I don’t ever want to hear you, hell—I don’t even want to see your face!”

My eyes stung, tears pricked at the back of my eyes. I wanted to yell at him that I didn’t want for this to happen. That I didn’t chose to be in this situation as he is now. Neither one of us did.

I smelled alcohol in his breath, when he exhaled deeply. He ran his fingers on his tousled hair, frustrated. He stood up and stumbled forward, losing his balance.

I shot up in my feet and steadied him. Afraid he might hurt himself, I took his arm and tried to sit him again. But instead of accepting my help, he shove me and gained his balance. I fell back on the white tiles, staring back up at him.

My arm met the hard floor and pain shot up in my arm, but I ignored it. Jace's showed emotions that I couldn't quite read. Furious perhaps? Anger? Sad? I didn't know....

He cursed under his breath and muttered something in his breath. Something that was meant to hurt me. It did, but I didn't wanted to let him see me feeling the pain. The weakness I felt whenever he says nasty things to me.

When he once more stumbled, I finally got up and took his arm. This time, he didn’t resist and leaned his heavy weight on me.

I dragged him to his room, and placed him on the soft mattress. I took his shoes off and his drenching shirt. It was soaked with sweat, I walked over to his closet and found another picture of him and the girl Jordan.

But this time, Jace was kissing her cheek. They looked very happy, it was like a stab on the back.

I turned my head away from the photograph, and pulled a shirt out of his closet. I went back to him and sat him up so that I could put the shirt on.

“Jordan….” He murmured. My eyes travelled down his muscled chest, accidentally. It was taut and muscled, they were fine baby hairs growing on his tanned chest.

I flicked my eyes away from him, I could never get him. I put the shirt back onto him and laid him down on the bed.

He looked exhausted and peaceful at the same time, my husband slept with a face of an angel. For a second, I didn't know what to do. So, instead, I sat beside the bed next to him. I draped the blankets over him and pushed his sweaty hair away from his eyes.

I didn't blame him. Couldn't blame him for what happened. Because I knew it wasn't his fault either, whose fault was it then? I no longer knew the answers to this question, because it was a necessary thing to do.

I would have said yes over and over again. Just to save their stores, because I couldn't let his parents down and I wanted to him to continue as the heir of their business. His parents relies on him, relies on the both of us.

And I didn't want to disappoint them. So I said yes.

Jace's breathing became even, his chest rising in a steady rhythm. Giving him a one last look, I stood up and kissed his damp cheek. And closed the door behind me.

Hey lovies! So here it is! ;D What do you guys think of Jace and Amy? I know it's short and all that, and unedited. But I'll try my best to look over them once I have the time. Also, don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts as always!

Enjoy, lovies.

Nhica xx