Chapter Fifteen

My husband's Lover
Nhica Moico

 In slow motion I let these flowers hit the ground

And right before I turn to leave 
I watch you kiss him softly 
Then look up and see me
I scream what am I gonna do with forever now
Tell me, what am I gonna do with forever now?

 Forever, Neyo

Chapter Fifteen

 The hours dragged on, and the bell rang indicating it was lunch. I scooped my books up and waited for my twin brother Alex and we stopped by the lockers to change my books for the next class.

As I stuffed my books inside my locker, a girl with brunette hair walked past us and waved at Alex. I gave him a teasing glance and he just glared at me.

“What?” he asked, slightly annoyed.

“Nothing” I said, trying to hold back the smile that broke free from my lips. 

“Amy!” a familiar excited voice yelled behind me. I turned around to see Jace’s Cousin Samantha Adams waving at us, making her way towards our direction.

“Hi,” she said, smiling.

“Hey”

Sam took two envelopes out of her bag and reached out to give it to us.

“Here,” she said, the envelope thrust up our way.

I took them and asked, “What is it for?”

“My birthday party. My parents’ are away this weekend and I’m having a massive party. You guys should come”

My brother shook his head, his dark hair fell to his eye. “Can’t. I’ve got some plans for the weekend”

Her face dropped, and I quickly said something that might cheer her up. “I’ll come”

“Will you bring Jace with you?” her face shone brightly, at the thought of me going and Jace.

“Well, err….” I averted my eyes from hers, not sure how to tell her that Jace didn’t actually like me.

“Did you guys, like, had a fight?” I stared at Sam’s structure, she looks exactly like her Cousin. Thought her nose is slightly crooked.

“No, no” I said, a little quickly. “We’re fine, it’s just that, uh, I’m not sure if he would want to come with me”

“Oh, sweetheart. I’m sure he does, I’ll get him to come with you so that you know somewhere there”

We talked for a bit, and departed ways. On our way to the busy cafeteria, I heard whispers behind us.

“Wasn’t that the girl Jace married?” One of them whispered.

“Yeah, I know. I think her name’s Amy Smith but it was now changed to Johnson since he married her” came another girl’s reply.

No one seemed to be happy about me marrying Jace.

Alex must have picked up my changed of mood, because he could tell by one look, he knew already.

He glared at those nosy girls and said, meanly. “If you don’t have anything to say, then don’t say it”

The gossipers “hmmp” and walked off.

Alex led me away and said, “Don’t worry about them, sis. They were just jealous.”

I nodded, and couldn’t help thinking whether they were right. Was it a mistake marrying Jace?

The unspoken question linger inside my head, but it completely disappeared when I saw our friends sitting in the table, talking away happily.

I lined up behind a guy with spiky hair and a funny shirt, waiting patiently as I got to my turn. I walked over to the table they were sitting on and dropped the food tray down, taking the seat next to Gabby.

No one seemed to talk about the wedding, and I was glad for it. I didn’t want to hear more people talking about me, especially about how Jace made the wrong decision in marrying me.

Gabriel spoke, “Are any of you guys going to Sam’s party?”

All of us raised our hands in the air, apart from my brother who continued eating his ham sandwich, unconcerned.

“Why aren’t you going?” Ashley asked.

“Got plans” he said simply, and didn’t looked up.

“Someone’s got a date” Daniel teased, and bumped his shoulder.

Soon enough the boys got into a wrestle, jumping on each other.

I got up and threw the rubbish in the bin. I walked back to the table when I felt vibration inside my pocket.

I took my phone out and stared at the screen, the caller ID was unknown.

I pressed the answer button and put the phone to my ear.

“Amy?” a frantic voice said, through the line.

“Yes, who is this?” I asked.

“Amy, sweetheart. Its Jace’s mum. I’m at the hospital right now” Mrs Johnson said.

“What? What’s wrong, Mrs Johnson? Are you alright?” I asked, panic eating inside me.

“Yes, yes. I’m alright. It’s not me…..” I didn’t hear the rest of the words she said, her voice was replaced by the static sound radiating off my phone.

“Mrs Johnson….?” I said.

My heart was beating so hard that it felt like It was about to explode.

Jace’s mum’s voice came to the surface once more, “Amy, you must come here”

“Why? Is anyone hurt?”

“Yes, it’s Jace”

The mention of my husband’s name made my blood cold. My limbs felt heavy and numb, and I stood frozen.

Ashley came to my rescue as soon as she realized that there was something wrong. She asked me what was happening but I simply gave the phone to her.

Jace. Jace.

Jace was in the hospital, and who knows what had happened to him. My best friend spoke to his mum calmly, asking her which hospital she was in and she wrote the address down. She hung up a few minutes later and grabbed my arm, leading me away.

We grabbed our bags and that is when suddenly, everything came back to me. My sense, and my limbs seemed to work once more.

Taking a deep breath, I tried to calm myself. Telling myself that Jace was fine, and that I have nothing to worry about that much.

The thought of losing him brought tears in my eyes, blinding me. Ashley and I headed for the door.

Jace needed me, and I had to be there.

Here is Chapter Fifteen Guys! :D YAY! Anyway, I'm on workshop. I meant to be working and yeah. Hope you guys like it and I know I uploaded early it's because of you guys. Anyway, comment and vote ;)

Enjoy.

Nhica xx