Psycho-woman

"Breaking News! A killer is on loose in Windwest Locality. He or she is some psychopath who has recently killed three tenants. Please lock your house and remain indoors. If any suspicious looking person is seen, inform the police immediately." said the news reporter.

The old lady switched off the television. This news had been repeated five times since the dead bodies were found. They were of her neighbors.

She got up and went to the window. A police officer was patrolling. After being assured that there was someone out there she went to the kitchen.

Just then a doorbell rang. She thought that it was the officer, so the lady hurriedly went to open it; only to find a young boy with a big bag there.

"Ma'am you called for telephone service." He said glancing at a slip of paper in his hand.

"Yes. But go away now. There is no one else at home and..." the old woman said worriedly.

"Sorry to say ma'am, but I can't go back right now. My boss would be angry at me for not completing the job. You can I understand what I mean to say" the boy casually.

"Ok... But do fast." He old lady sounded nervous. The news reporter's words were playing again and again in her mind.

She stood at a distance of ten foot away, watching the service boy do his job. With the front door open.

After completing his work, he stood up and said "It's done, now can you please give me a glass of water."

She brought a glass for him. He came forward to take it, but there was a screwdriver in his hand.

"Get away, you filthy boy. I am not falling in your trap." She said as she suspiciously eyed the screwdriver.

"Ma'am I was just taking the glass of water." He innocently replied. But till then the old lady had reached the door and started shouting for help.

The officer on duty came panting to her door. "Ma'am is there any problem?" Then he eyed the service by from head to toe carefully and asked "Is this boy troubling you?"

To this the service boy answered "Sir I was just taking a glass of water when she started freaking out seeing this screw driver." He said pointing to the lady and the screwdriver in his hand.

"Language boy." The officer admonished him.

"Please officer tell him to leave now." The old lady interrupted.

"You heard her boy. Now go." The officer said "You can leave the bill here and come some other time to take the amount...When times are not bad."

The service boy furiously went out of the house. What was his mistake to be kicked out of that house? Holding a screwdriver in a hand was a crime?

Psycho-woman! He scoffed.

The boy had only reached the end of the street when he realized that he left his work bag there only.

"If I went through the front door, then that lady would start shouting again." thought the boy. "I'll try the back door."

So he went to the backside of the house to sneak in. He was just going to enter the back garden when he noticed a big black bag near the garbage can.

Out of the curiosity he opened it and was horrified to see the dead body of that same officer who had kicked him out.

He then peered inside through the back window and saw that old lady cleaning a big blood-stained knife at the kitchen sink.

The officer was murdered by that old lady.

That old lady was the psychopath.

That old lady was the killer.