Chapter 24: Taking A Break ♪♪♪♪♪ ♥♪♪♪♪♪

(Oh boy more arguing. Way to go me.)

(And thank you guys so much for over 2.1k reads and 40 votes on this story! It truly means a lot to me, and I apologize for how long it takes to update. But I have plenty of stuff planned for the future, and I can't wait to share it with you guys!)

♪♪ ♥♪♪ [MAIN POV]♪♪ ♥♪♪

I raced down the halls, my vision blurry with tears and my lungs burning for air. Coming to a crossroad of hallways, I paused for a moment to catch my breath. Hearing my name being called out from behind me, I darted down the left hall, only to crash into something and knock it over, sending me tumbling onto the stone floor.

"Oww.... (F-F/n)?!" Sitting up, I looked over to what I had knocked over, only to see Wendy leaning up on her hands, a look of bewilderment on her features.

"W-Wendy... I'm sorry, but-"

"Wait." She gently grabbed my wrist and stood up, helping me up with her. "Have you...been crying?" A frown made its way onto her rose-coloured lips as her icy blue orbs focused on my face.

"Y...Yeah. I have."

"Come on. I'll take you to my room. We'll talk in there." Beginning to walk in the direction that I had been running in, she tugged me along. I didn't resist, however, since I figured that I could hide from Ludwig in her room. Upon reaching a door with a pink skull with a bow, she opened the door and stepped inside with me in tow. Releasing me, she closed the door before nudging me into the room. "Make yourself at home."

The room's walls were of stone, and under our feet was a black carpet. A large bed with a pink canopy sat on the other side of the room, and the bed set was black with pink skulls decorated across it. Nearby where the bed sat was a set of white double doors, leading to what I figured was the balcony.A flat-screen television was hooked onto the wall on the left side of the room, and many varied devices were hooked into it. In front of it sat a few pink chairs, a small pink sofa, and a mahogany coffee table. On the right of the room was a large white vanity dresser with a black and pink stool underneath, along with a large shelf with trophies and medals sitting on it, along with multiple picture frames. A large crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling, illuminating the room with a warm glow.

"(F/n)? You alright there?" Jumping slightly, I turned to her to see a worried expression on her face.

"Yeah. I was looking around, is all."

"Oh. Well, alright." Walking over to the sofa, she lounged onto it before waving me over. Hesitating for a moment, I went over and sat down in one of the chairs and rested my hands in my lap, my eyes focused on the black carpet. "So, what happened? Did Ludwig yell at you again?" Biting my lip, I slowly nodded, my body involuntarily tensing up.

"We had a pretty big argument." Hearing a sigh come from her, I heard her moving around before speaking up.

"Come here." Standing up, I slowly moved over to the sofa and sat down nearby her, my body slightly clammy from worry and my nerves going haywire. "Tell me what happened, (F/n)." Anxiously swallowing, I took a deep breath before speaking.

"The argument started when I made a snide remark about him wearing the same clothes as yesterday."

"Ugh. That's gross."

"I know, right? Anyways, I brought it up, and I was already in a bit of a sour mood, so I insulted him and said that he doesn't understand how humans work because.... well, you know..."

"I understand. Did he blow up over THAT, though?"

"Not really. It gets worse. Much worse."

"Everything with him does."