Chapter 52: Dream

(YO here's the new chapter! Sorry if it's late and a bit off topic or filler. I hope you all enjoy anyways!)

Sitting quietly next to the sleeping Shy Guy, I wait for him to wake up as I stare at the box Luigi had given me. Inside of it was a small gold ring with a shining emerald. Plucking it out of the box, I study it quietly and notice an engraving on the inside. Squinting slightly, I slowly read what it says aloud.

"...'My 1-UP girl'....? Cheesy." Sighing softly, I set it back inside the box and stretch, boredom quickly filling the air. Hearing a soft yawn, I turn to Sandy and watch as he sits up, his eyes still shut. "Ah, Sandy....how are you feeling?"

"....mmmm, better...'m still tired though."

"You should go back to sleep, then." I gently tuck him back in, softly smiling at him. He sleepily pouts before huffing.

"Don't wanna...." Laughing slightly, I shake my head before gently rubbing his shoulder.

"But you should. You'll need your energy later." He grumbles before settling onto his side.

"Fine, fine....I'll try to sleep....but only because you said so..."

"Good. Get some rest, Sandy." Smiling softly, I lean down and gently kiss his forehead before getting up. Stretching again, I look out the window and sigh, now in a different room than earlier. Hearing his soft snores, I chuckle lightly as I stare outside, looking at the brilliant night sky. Watching as the stars twinkle softly in the inky blackness of space, I gasp as one shoots across the sky. Quickly lowering my head, I wish for happiness to those that need it the most before turning my gaze back to the sky, my lips turned up into a faint smile. My mind drifts off to Ludwig, and my smile fades slightly. "...I wonder how he's doing...." Softly sighing, I absentmindedly touch my lips before shaking my head, pulling myself from my thoughts. "I'll find out soon, I suppose." Yawning, I shuffle over to the bed and sit down on the bed. Laying down beside Sandy, I gently hug the Shy Guy and cuddle him before drifting off to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Finding myself standing in a stone hallway, I look around to figure out where I am. Shivering at the cold air in the area, I huff and begin walking down the hallway, looking around to try and find a sign of where I am. Hearing music faintly playing from further down the hall, I go towards it, the sound growing louder. A door enters my sight, and the music is coming from past it. Checking to see if it was open, I jump slightly as the door slowly swings open.

The room inside is dark, with a large metallic device similar to a cylindrical wind chime in the center. The device is attached to a system to raise it, which is fixed to the high ceiling. The sound of a piano comes from within the space within, the sound hypnotizing and soothing. The silver chimes rise up, revealing Ludwig at the piano, playing with his back to me. Smiling in relief, I walk over and gently place my hand on his shoulder. He turns to me and widely grins, stopping his song. His eyes are wide and bewildered, and I recognize that it's Kooky that is in control, and not Ludwig. Standing up, he tugs me close and kisses me, his hands playing with my hair. Pulling away almost immediately, he continues to play with my hair before leaning close.

"Oh, (F/n)...~" He croons, his voice soft and light. "Soon, you and I will be together, forever and always. I'll never let you go, my beloved." He smiles sweetly before gripping my arm tightly, pulling my hand close to his face. On my hand is the ring Luigi had forced into my hands, the gem shining brightly. "Nobody else can ever love you. And you can't love anyone else. You hear me?" He pulls the ring off and throws it into a dark corner before pressing me against the piano. "You're mine. Only mine. My sweet, delectable princess. My precious. Mine. Mine. Mine. MINE. MINE!" He laughs before kissing me deeply, digging his nails into my hips. Unsure of how to react, I just let him kiss me, my eyes fluttering shut as I sink into the inky blackness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shooting up out of bed, I look around quietly, my heart racing. Seeing that I was still on Iggy's airship, I sigh softly and slowly lay back down beside Sandy. Feeling his hand gently tap my shoulder, I glance at him.

"...yeah?"

"You okay?....Have a bad dream?" I shrug slightly, unsure of how to respond.

"...it was more weird than scary." He nods, gently clinging to my arm.

"...wanna talk about it?..."

"Nah, it's nothing." 

"...okay."

"... let's get back to bed, Sandy."

"Okay. Goodnight, (F/n)."

"Goodnight, Sandy."