Chapter 48 B: Sandy

(Hey, guys! Here's yet another chapter for all of you! This part follows the main story, where you'll end up with your boi Luddy. A new friend is introduced, and I think they're the cutest little thing! Lemme know what you think of this new chapter, and I hope you all enjoy!!!)

"....I....I'm sorry, but no....This feels so wrong, Iggy. I see you like a brother." His grin slowly fades as he stares at me silently. "...my heart still belongs to Ludwig. I don't mean to hurt you, but I can't see myself with you like this." Placing my hands on his chest, I gently push him off of me, my senses returning. Pulling myself out from under him, I stand up, grab my torn shirt, and wrap it around myself. Sighing, I tie the sleeves together to ensure that it would stay on before exiting the room, trying to ignore Iggy's burning gaze. Returning to the hull, I spot the Shy Guy that had awoken me a little bit ago, cleaning the floors. As if he sensed me, he turned and jumped slightly before holding the broom closer to his tiny frame.

"H-hello, miss (F/n)...! Did everything go smoothly with master Iggy?...." I sigh and shrug, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Not really. I don't think he had a nightmare..."

"Oh?....Then, what....?" He notices my shirt and messy (h/c) hair, and his mask somehow turns red as he blushes."A-ah! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to pry!"

"Oh, you're fine....he tried to...you know...yeah. I think he somehow drugged me and made me enjoy it..." I yawn loudly as my shoulders slump, my energy fading away.

"Ah, jeez....I'm truly sorry about him.... S-shall I lead you to a spare room where you can sleep?" I nod, stretching in an attempt to keep myself awake. He adjusts his cap, places the broom against the wall, and walks down the corridor. I follow him until he stops at an open door, which has a bed and storage chests inside of it. He glances up at me and bows quickly, obviously nervous. "Here's your room, princess. I shall be going now." Before he could run off, I kneel down and gently place a hand on his shoulder. "M-madam?..."

"It's quite late. You should rest as well." He immediately shakes his head, folding his arms behind his back.

"I-I can't. As the cabin boy, it's my job to ensure that the ship stays clean at all times."

"...how long has it been since you've had proper sleep?"

"....a few days....b-but Master Iggy provides an energizing potion every day to keep my energy up so that I can stay on duty." Furrowing my brows, I sigh before scooping him up in my arms and carrying him inside of the room, ignoring his protests. Shutting the door with my foot, I step over to the bed and plop down on it before placing the Shy Guy beside me. He quickly scurries to the other side of the bed, his face red as he mumbles about chests. Blushing slightly, I shake my head before gently patting his shoulder. He squeaks before hiding under the blanket, causing a soft giggle to come from me.

"It's alright. Come on out."

"I'm sorry! I did not mean to touch your chest! That was highly inappropriate and wrong of me!"

"You're fine. You didn't mean to. I need my bodyguard to protect me." He slowly pokes his head out, his dark orbs staring at me.

"...bodyguard?" I nod, softly smiling.

"Yup. I need someone to protect me from the big scary plumbers, and you're just the right person." He shakes his head again, wrapping the blanket around himself.

"I-I'm not very strong...!"

"That's okay. I'm not very strong, either. Don't worry." He slowly and hesitantly nods before shuffling over, keeping the blanket wrapped around his small form. Yawning, I lay down on the bed and glance at him as he stares down at me. "You should sleep as well, buddy."

"I-I really shouldn't....and my name's Sandy, by the way..."

"Well, Sandy...." I pause to yawn before sleepily smiling. "You should sleep." He shakes his head, shuffling nervously.

"M-Master Iggy would be furious if I didn't do my duties." I huff, rolling my eyes, before gently hugging him close to me.

"He'll have to deal with me first...." He eeps, squirming as I hold him against me. Gently grabbing the blanket, I drape it across us before cuddling him, already beginning to drift off. "...say, Sandy?.....d'ya have a home an' family?....."

"....no. My parents....Mario...." I gently hug him, struggling to stay awake.

"I'll.....be your family then....okay?"

"....you shouldn't burden yourself with me..." I stare at him quietly, a frown forming on my lips.

"You're not a burden....you're a sweetheart..." He softly sighs, trying to get away once more. 

"Everyone says that I'm a burden, though...."

"I'm not everyone, though. I like you." A soft sniffle comes from him before he gently clings to me, trembling slightly.

"....I-I never had a family....I was raised b-by my village....so I never had actual parents or siblings...."

"I'll be your family then, Sandy."

"....are you sure?...."

"Of course I am. So...how about it?..."

"...alright, princess...."

"No need to call me princess....call me (F/n)."

"Alright, p-I mean, (F/n)...goodnight."

 I yawn as my eyes flutter shut, and I nuzzle him as I mumble goodnight to him, slipping into dreamland.