Chapter 11

Gold Horizon Hotel, Vienna, 7:01am

Sadowsky shot up the moment he felt the cold water splash onto his face, bringing him out of his drowsiness. He let his vision settle a little and the blur turned crystal clear.

He dried his face with his sleeve and later realized that his captor had just splashed a glass of water on his face. His injury started to tingle a bit, so to find out what it was he ran his hands through his hair right above his left ear where he was injured. It was bandaged.

Groggy-headed, he stepped out of the bed and landed his feet into the plush, soft, velvet carpet. Where, he rubbed his feet continuously to feel more comfortable.

The doorbell rang, it was breakfast. The waitress strolled into the suite with the cart with all the plates. Giggs looked into the plates; he assumed that it was some sort of exotic Austrian breakfast. He shrugged, whatever it was, it wasn't the regular bread and butter.

He looked up, expecting an answer from the woman.

"Semmel," she said and went to serve the plates onto the dining table.

Meanwhile, Sadowsky scrutinized himself in front of the mirror. His hair was a mess, his tie was gone and the edge of his sleeve was torn. He brought his head down to examine his shoes; one of the soles had come off.

Dammit.

"Ben!" called out someone in the adjacent room, he followed and walked into the room from where the source had originated.

"What?"

Inside was Subramanian along with the other two men, he figured out that the orange bearded one was Peter and the other Arabian was Mohammed.

"Sit," offered Peter Giggs, he pulled out a wooden chair right next to the table which had a glass top. Mohammed and Subramanian had already been seated.

Sadowsky helped himself and sat down. Subramanian began, "Ben, remember that pen drive you talked about?"

He nodded, recalling his guilt.

"You said that it was in a bank, am I right?" Sadowsky nodded once again.

"Now, which bank is it?" inquired Subramanian with his cold hard voice.

Sadowsky shut his eyes, he just couldn't do it. He couldn't let them have it. Andreas lost his life protecting that secret; he wouldn't let these criminals get away with it.

He took a deep breath; he let it all out before he spoke, "No."

Mohammed launched up like a rocket off the launch pad, "You bloody-"

Subramanian held the furious Neanderthal back, cutting him off abruptly. "You must, there's no other option," he said calmly but the tone was still hostile.

"I'll never give it up to you," Sadowsky said boldly.

An uncontrollable raging inferno leaped onto Sadowsky and he swung his large fist towards his face, hitting him as hard a sledgehammer.

Mohammed had hit his nose. Sadowsky's nose was swollen red, blood slowly trickled down just like a water drop trickling down on a window during a rainy day.

Now, more blood was pouring out. His mouth stained in red. Mohammed shook his fist as if it had actually hurt him. "Why don't you shoot him next time?" Subramanian suggested, with very little sarcasm in his voice, although it was meant to be so.

"I still won't tell you," Sadowsky managed with his broken nose. Mohammed grabbed his hair and smashed his head onto the glass top of the table and held it there firmly.

Sadowsky couldn't move his neck; it was as rigid as stone. With one hand on his asset, Mohammed drew out a revolver and placed it against his temples.

An alarm set off in Sadowsky's head as soon as the cold, metal muzzle of the revolver was pressed against his head. His heart started to pump out violently, his blood pressure rising. Mohammed bent his neck down and brought it down to Sadowsky's ears and whispered with hostility.

"If you don't tell me where it is I will make suffer so bad, worse than what you ever imagined."

A cold fear gripped Sadowsky as Mohammed pulled out a knife and brandished it deviously with his bare fingers. He let him go and touched the tip of the knife to his adam's apple. "You'll kill me even if I tell you."

"Don't tempt me," Mohammed threatened as he slightly pushed the knife deeper but was careful not to scar him. "Go ahead, do it," Sadowsky provoked.

Mohammed retracted the knife and gripped Sadowsky's neck. He was in a position that indicated that he was ready to strike at any moment.

"Don't!" Subramanian shouted as memories flooded back to him of his past self, reckless and angry. It had cost him a lot in the past. He wouldn't and couldn't let Mohammed lose their only lead.

"Do it!" Sadowsky barked with full anger. His head was steaming hot as if it was going to pop.

Subramanian turned towards Giggs, "get me everything you have on his bank accounts in Vienna."

Giggs immediately left the room and got on his laptop. Couldn't you think of that earlier?

Mohammed stormed out of the room while Subramanian drew out a paper napkin from a box at the centre of the table and threw it at Sadowsky.

"Wipe yourself, you're bleeding."

* * *