Chapter 16

Vienna International Airport, Vienna, 9:34 am

Eisenhower had arrived too late.

The second attack had already been launched. They had killed one of Austria's most skilled and tactical person-Josep Bauer. His hands balled into fists just thinking about it.

I'm gonna kill that bloody son of a-

He restrained himself. The whole airport had been shut down; the only reason he was here was because was he was FBI. Any other civilian would have been stranded.

He heard an argument somewhere in the background. Familiar voices were ringing in his ears. The accents of two people-one male and another female were American, while the other local seemed to be barking out unintelligible words.

He tried looking out for the source of the sounds. Maybe it was all just in his head. Or is it? As he moved to his right, the voices were drifting away, getting fainter. It was real for sure. He began hustling in the opposite direction. Sure enough, the voices were becoming clearer. He heard the words, 'please' and 'come on'.

There he saw the two people; both were young just as he had anticipated. One was male and other female. The airport security officer halted all arguments with the Americans and his jaw gaped open at the arrival of Eisenhower.

The couple whirled around. He recognized their faces immediately.

They were the ones who brought him here.

* * *