Chapter 25

Vienna Police HQ, Vienna, 10: 21 am

The whole office roared with celebration, arms were thrown, hoots prevailed in the atmosphere and champagne bottles were popped, with fountains of fizz shooting into the air.

For once, Krieg celebrated. Nothing had been a better success than this. He had actually wished that something would happen, so that he could be regarded as the hero of the city. Newspapers all around the world would be flashing his name in big bold letters. That was greatness, and he couldn't wait to have it.

He had personally asked one of his subordinates, to monitor all the news channels reporting live in the area. For now, only helicopters were allowed to report. The rest of them would come rushing in like a stampede.

A man broke him out of his daydream by tapping aggressively on his shoulder. As Krieg whirled around, he was greeted by a wide grin.

"CNN just arrived, they're already taking your name!" he beamed.

"So...do you have anything else for me?" he asked, hoping for a reward.

Krieg just place his hand on the man's shoulder, "Go celebrate, enjoy. Nothing else."

He danced away, joining the celebration along with the rest of his colleagues.

For once, Krieg felt happy for someone else.

* * *