{Part 12}

Word Count: 1694
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You and Sans walked over to Papyrus' room and quietly opened the door. You peeked inside and saw Papyrus sprawled on his race car bed snoring. You suppressed a giggle and walked over to his bed with Sans beside you. You were about to shake him awake when Sans motioned for you to stop and then winked. His left eye turned blue and Papyrus was lifted into the air still asleep. Sans lifted him all the way up to the ceiling then let go. His eye turned back to normal as Papyrus hit his bed and bolted up, looking around alarmed and confused. He saw you and Sans by his bed trying not to laugh and looked at you both confused.
"SANS? (Y/N)? WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM? AND WHY DID I FEEL LIKE I WAS FALLING?"
Sans shrugged.
"I dunno bro. We came in here to check on you. You were snoring really loudly."
"I WAS NOT! I DON'T EVEN SNORE!"
You giggled at Papyrus who now looked at you.
"AND WHY ARE YOU IN HERE? DID I WAKE YOU TOO?"
"Yeah, and Sans doesn't lie. You do snore."
Papyrus huffed.
"I DO NOT! BUT NOW THAT I'M UP, WHAT TIME IS IT?"
"Time to make us breakfast."
"SANS, I'M BEING REAL HERE, WHAT IS THE TIME?"
"Almost five."
"I SLEPT IN! OH NO!"
Papyrus jumped out of bed and quickly ran to the closet and jumped in. He shut the door behind him while you looked over at Sans.
"Slept in? When it's almost five?"
Sans nodded.
"Yeah, he usually wakes up around four."
"Four?!"
"Heh, he takes a half an hour jog every morning. Well, I guess not EVERY morning now."
"YOU SHUT UP SANS!"
Papyrus walked out of the closet in his everyday clothes and quickly rushed downstairs. You and Sans followed to find that Papyrus had already started breakfast. You heard a knock at the door and Sans walked over and opened it.
"Oh hey Undyne."
"Hi Sans, is (Y/n) here?"
"Yeah, she's here. Why?"
"I need to speak to her."
Undyne walked in and spotted you. She grinned but it wasn't like her usual grins. This one seemed more...forced.
"Can I speak with you in private?"
You looked over at Sans then back at Undyne.
"Uh, I guess."
You followed Undyne outside and towards a bench outside. You both sat down and you looked over at Undyne.
"So, why did you want to speak with me?"
Undyne sighed.
"I've been thinking. When we were at Mettaton's show and you were on that pillar, why didn't you fly down? I mean, you showed us that you could fly at the lab."
You stopped your breath and started to panic.
"I uh...I didn't uh think about it at the time."
Undyne gave you a look.
"Okay, well, also. You had a blue haze around you when you flew. And I've only seen that happen a few times from only one person."
You smiled nervously and looked down at the ground. You didn't speak because you didn't know how to respond to that. She had figured it out.
"So, just to make sure, fly now."
You looked up at Undyne and panicked. She was giving you a cold look and was looking at you expectantly.
"Um, I'm actually uh...not feeling too good right now so uh...yeah."
"But I'm sure flying is easy, isn't it?"
"Uh, sorta, I guess. Heh."
You glanced over to the window at the house but couldn't see anyone there. You gulped and looked back up at Undyne.
"So, your telling me, that you CAN'T fly? That it was just an illusion basically?"
You tried not to look guilty but it was pretty hard when you noticed one of her spears strapped to her side.
"Umm...uh heh..."
"Oh. I see. So you are human."
You started to sweat and could feel adrenaline start up as you got more scared and nervous. Undyne stood up and moved her hand to her spear, but you were faster. You sprinted away and heard her call out before you heard footsteps behind you. You pushed yourself harder and sprinted even faster through Snowdin. You ran into the woods and towards the boat where you knew Drew would be waiting. You saw the boat and smiled in relief until you felt a sharp pain on the side of your body. You stumbled and fell in the snow and looked down. The snow was turning red and one of Undyne's spears was sticking out of the ground with your shirt caught on it. You looked back and saw Undyne, with two more spears drawn out, walking towards you. You stumbled forwards, ripping your shirt away from the spear, trying to get away. If you could just reach the boat...
"DREW!!"
The figure perked up and looked at you. He saw Undyne standing over you and the bloody snow. He jumped off the boat and ran towards you. Undyne looked up and saw the figure running towards her and you. She hissed at Drew.
"Back off. I'm Captain of the Royal Guard and this is my job."
Drew ignored her and stood in front of her blocking you from her view.
"No, you back off. You have no right to attack a human here."
Wait, Drew had known you were a human?
"Actually, I do. So leave, or I'll have to arrest you."
You managed to sit up and looked at Undyne.
"But I thought we were friends. Best friends actually."
Undyne seemed to falter when she heard that and looked down.
"Well, it doesn't matter anymore. You're a human."
"But don't you see? I'm a good human! I wouldn't hurt a soul!"
You noticed something running in the distance and slightly smiled when you saw it was Sans. He got closer then hid behind a tree that was a few feet away from Undyne.
"How do I know that? I barely know you."
You decided to start stalling.
"Yes but for the time that you have known me, I've been good, right?"
Drew looked back from Undyne to you, listening to the conversation.
"Well, yes-"
"Then that means I'm a good human!"
Undyne stared at the ground then scowled. She looked back up and glared at you.
"I don't care if you're a good human. I have my orders to kill all humans down here and retrieve their soul."
She raised a spear. Drew gasped and jumped in front of you protectively but the spear never came down. A blue haze surrounded Undyne as she was lifted off the ground. She dropped both her spears in surprise and stared at the blue haze.
"What the-"
She shot up into the sky as Sans emerged from behind the tree. You and Drew watched as Undyne fell towards the ground. Before she could hit the earth, she stopped and her soul turned blue. She was whacked into a tree which knocked her out. She slumped towards the ground and fell over. Sans gasped when he saw you bleeding and ran over to you.
"Oh god we need to get you help."
You started to stand up and tried not to wince.
"Sans I'm fine. Don't worry about me right now."
You turned towards Drew and smiled.
"Thank you for trying to protect me."
You hugged Drew who hugged you back.
"I can't have my friends dying now can I?"
"Drew? Is that your name?"
Sans looked at Drew confused. Drew nodded.
"(Y/n) named me that."
"Huh, Drew. Nice name."
"Thank you, now if you both don't mind, I have to get back to my boat. And also, make sure (Y/n) gets home okay."
"Don't worry, I will."
He walked off leaving you, Sans, and an unconscious Undyne in the forest. Sans looked back at you and glanced at your wounded side.
"We really need to get you back home."
He looked over at Undyne.
"And her too."
He saw your nervous look and smiled.
"Don't worry. I'll convince her. And if she won't listen, I know how to contact the king and we can set up a meeting."
You smiled at him gratefully and limped over to help him pick up Undyne.
"Nah I got it, plus, you're hurt."
The blue haze surrounded Undyne again and lifter her up. You and Sans headed back through the forest with a floating Undyne behind you. When you got back inside, Papyrus had just finished breakfast and was walking out when he saw you bleeding and Undyne unconscious and floating.
"SANS? WHAT IS GOING ON? AN WHY IS UNDYNE-"
"I'll explain later bro, just help (Y/n)."
Sans walked off to his bedroom with Undyne while Papyrus rushed over to you. He gasped when he saw your side and grabbed a first aid kit from a shelf. You sat down on the couch while he pulled out some gauze. While he was wrapping gauze around your side, he asked you questions.
"WHY WERE YOU BLEEDING? AND WHY WAS UNDYNE UNCONSCIOUS?"
You sighed and started to explain everything to Papyrus. You even told him that you were a human. When you were finished, Papyrus had finished bandaging you up and was going over the story in his head.
"I SORT OF SUSPECTED THAT YOU WERE A HUMAN IN THE FIRST PLACE. I KNEW SANS HAD THAT POWER AND SAW HIS EYE GLOW WHENEVER YOU 'FLEW'."
"Oh, so, are you going to kill me and give me to...what's his name?"
"ASGORE? NO. I'VE GOTTEN TO KNOW YOU AND NOW KNOW THAT YOU'RE A GOOD HUMAN."
You let out a relieved sigh and smiled at Papyrus.
"I feel a lot better now that you know. I hate hiding secrets."
Papyrus smiled and stood up.
"WELL NOW THAT YOU'RE ALL BANDAGED UP, HOW ABOUT SOME BREAKFAST?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi guys! I've been wanting to write a part like this for awhile and now I have! But don't worry, the next part will be more happy and fun (I'm excited!). I gotta go so I'll catch up with y'all later, bye!