Chapter 6

The next day...

Brahms wasn't in his room this morning and I looked all over the house. I decided to knock on the walls.

" Brahms! Are you ready? We're going to the bookstore today remember?" I yelled.

A few seconds later I saw him come out from behind the stairs. He wore a navy blue blazer with red lining and a black shirt inside. Plain blue shorts with some cute brown boat shoes (like Sperry's) with white laces. His socks were above his ankle with red stripes.

" Wow Brahms, you look great!" I said.

He rubbed the back of his neck and mumbled a quick, "Thank you."

As I drove past the gates and onto the main road I heard Brahms gasping a few times. I snuck a few looks at him and saw his face. Full of amazement at every bird he saw, trees, lakes, etc. I put his window down so Brahms could get a better look. He stuck his head out of the window. The wind blew, causing his curly hair to bounce up and down. I couldn't help but laugh.

A few miles away from the bookstore, I prayed that nothing bad would happen. Who knows, a guy could be walking his dog and then the dog suddenly pees on Brahms' shoe and then Brahms grabs the dog and breaks it's neck. That escalated too quickly. The scenario kept playing through my mind that I accidentally swerved to the other side of the road.

" S-sorry!" I apologized.

I glanced at Brahms. He was petrified. He held on to the handle at the top of the window with a strong grip. When we finally arrived, all in one piece, me and Brahms started looking for books. Brahms walked over to the nonfiction isle while I went to the fiction one. After about 10 minutes I went back to check up on Brahms. He had his back turned to the shelves, reading the binds of the book. " Brahms, I found this book, it's called The Cellar. It sounds pretty interesting-"

When Brahms turned around he held about 5 books stacked on top of eachother. One hand at the bottom for foundation and one at the top to keep it balanced.

" Shall I put some back?...Is it too much?" He asked.

" No, it's fine. You can get all of those." I smiled.

Once we got home, Brahms and I sat together on the couch in the library. We spent most of the time reading that day. Occasionally getting up to eat, use the bathroom, and stretch around.

Brahms POV:

" (Y/n)?" I called, still engrossed in my book, " Thank you...For today."

Suddenly, there was a weight that fell on my left shoulder. I looked over and it was (y/n).