Chapter 22

Note: I am sure there will be a lot of grammar mistakes and spellings but I wanted to write this chapters and post before midnight. I've been extremely busy so I'm sorry I haven't updated for a few days. I think that this is the longest chapter now. XD Hope you enjoy, love all my readers! You guys are awesome, don't let anyone bring you down! Goodnight!

The morning sunlight shown through the curtains and hit our faces, causing us to wake up. We both awoke facing eachother. We smiled and laughed, reminiscing about last night then got up to get ready. We ate breakfast and planned out what we wanted to do for today.

" How about we go out to eat and then go to the movies or something?" I suggested.

" Sure," said Brahms, "What restaurant?"

" I don't know, let's just drive around and look for a place."

We put on our shoes and jackets and headed out the door. We searched for places to eat and found lots of different restaurants. I was feeling Japanese, so we entered a sushi place called, "Cherry Blossom" Brahms had never tried sushi before, and honestly I didn't think he would like it. Since I craved it so badly I really didn't care. We sat down in a private booth and looked at the menu.

" What would you guys like to drink?" Asked the waitress.

" I'll have a lychee martini please," I said.

" And I'll get the coconut nigori," said Brahms.

She fetched our drinks and took the rest of our orders. For appetizers we ordered crispy calamari and tempura shrimp. For dinner, we shared tonkatsu, samurai roll, and California roll.

" Brahms, try a sushi," I said as I handed him a California roll, "I ordered this for you. It's cooked and not that hardcore."

He looked at me nervously but accepted. He plopped the whole thing in his mouth and chewed. His face was emotionless but when he swallowed he gave a big thumbs up. I smiled and told him to try the raw sushi. I thought he would throw up but instead he ate more and more of it. He liked the sushi so much that he ate the majority of it.

" I'm glad you like sushi so much but you could share you know..."

" Sorry," he said with his mouth full, "It's so good!!"

He shoved another piece of sushi in his mouth without even swallowing the one he was already eating. Once we were finished we headed off to the movies.

" What movie do you wanna see?" He asked.

" Something scary."

We looked to see what was playing and when.

" How about Ouija: The Origin of Evil?" He suggested.

" Yeah, I was thinking of that. Let's watch it!"

We purchased our tickets and sat all the way at the top and in the middle. During the movie, every time I thought there was a jumpscare I'd scrunch up into a ball. Brahms saw me and offered me his arm. I held onto it throughout the whole movie and hid my face in it a few times. I think Brahms was more scared of my screams than the actual movie. Every time I did, I'd feel him jump. Once the movie was over we both didn't want to go home yet.

" What else is there to do then?" I asked.

" How about we have a romantic stroll around the park?"

I blushed a little, "Okay."

I drove to the park and even though it was late out, there were still a lot of people. As we walked, I felt Brahms reach to hold my hand. I saw that he was hesitant so I helped him. I put my hand in his and interlocked fingers. Our walk was pretty quiet, mostly us just enjoying the outside. The park was a big circle in the inside of town, around it were a bunch of shops and restaurants. It was a tourist attraction so everything looked so beautiful. The lake had floating lanterns that glee different colors, the bridge was decorated in lights, and the moon reflected from the water. We laid against the railing and talked.

" Why do you like me?" He asked.

" What kind of question is that?" I laughed.

" A serious one," he said as he stared into my eyes.

I cleared my throat, "Okay...Well, I like you because you are caring, smart, nice, and...strong. That last part might sound strange but you are a strong person, Brahms. Not just strong physically but mentally too. You are learning new things every single day now. You finally get to live a normal life. You forever changed your life by making good decisions, and how you think and see the world. And I am so proud of you for that."

Brahms brought his hand up and wiped my tears. I hadn't realized I was crying.

" I never told you the stories from my perspective though."

" What do you mean?" I asked.

" You only know what you know from when you went into the attic and my room in the walls. I guess I'll tell you what really happened in the night that I murdered Enily Cribbs and when I supposedly died in the fire. 16 years ago, there was a girl I knew from school. Who'd come over to play at times. That girl was Emily. I was the weird and quiet kid in my class. No friends at all, I liked being by myself. At a parent-teacher conference, my parents found out about it. They arranged play dates with every kid but only Emily would except. She had blonde hair, blue eyes, and freckles. I was surprised and thought that she actually wanted to be my friend. Turns out I was wrong. When she came over she would throw all my toys around and break things. As soon as my mother and father came in the room, they would find her on the floor crying with her hand on her head. She'd say things like, "He threw it at me! What a naughty kid! Naughty, naughty!" I'd just stand there in shock and ask myself why this was happening to me.

" Why did you do it Brahms!?" Mother would ask.

" I didn't do it!" I'd say.

But of course, they didn't believe me. Their own son. I guess I couldn't blame them since it looked like I really did. I didn't think it could get any worse, but one day, it just got so bad. I had enough of what she had done to me and my family. I brought her into the woods and yelled at her. Saying that my parents are disappointed at me. Seeing them that way made me feel bad about myself. But I hadn't done anything wrong. Until then. I told Emily I had enough. After, she called me names and mocked me. All the anger that I have kept inside me came out. It was a lot of anger for just being an eight year old boy. I pushed Emily to the ground and hit her. I spotted a rock and lifted it with both hands and dropped it on her head. The sound of her bones crushing from underneath made me realize what I had just done. A few days after they found her body. When my parents heard of this they immediately assumed it was me. She'd tell me that I used to be a good boy. What happened? My mothers was violent towards me. I guess that's why I behaved so well. Whenever I made a mistake or complained, she'd slap me across the face. I was obedient because I was afraid of getting hurt and disappointed by them. My mother and father knew that the police would be here any time soon so they told me to hide in the walls and keep quiet no matter what. I just sat there for what felt like hours. Alone and in the dark. After awhile I smelt something burning. Later that burning smell became stronger and stronger. Next this I know the fire reached where I was. It burned my clothes off and a bit of my skin. My parents made it seem like I died but, I was alive with a few severe burns."