Prologue

It seemed that the whole roof was dropped on him. It was the same like when he had lost his father in the eleventh year of his age. He was so young at that time when his feeble shoulders had to bear the weight of the whole family of five. That was the time of his life when he enjoyed running after the stray dogs, chasing poor cats, looking for unique pebbles and licking the melting ice cream but he had to grow up for the sake of his widowed mother, two sisters who were eligible to be married in a couple of years and his ally, Ali.    

He was the favourite kid in those three. He was responsible, caring and loving. These attributes in his personality made his suffocating father to hold his hand firmly in his loose palm and trembling fingers. On his death bed he assigned all responsibility to him and with welled eyes and shivering body he welcomed this transition.

He was young but had to bid a painful farewell to his interests. He struggled very hard for preserving the same future his parents had knitted together. For each thread of that sparkling masterpiece he sacrificed himself a million times.

He studied vigorously along with doing part time jobs. He was ridiculed and disgraced as he never had proper shoes to appear with in the interviews. Once he was pushed badly as the interviewer was not serious in such a young messed up candidate but he was also very resilient on the other hand.

At times his mother thought of the pains her son had buried in the graveyard of his heart but she failed every time as her poor boy had made himself numb. He, who was once the boy with all the boyish guts, stitched his lips. He had sewn the openings in his mind which always stroked him to say anything, feel anything or to shed tears.

With all those struggling days he left everything but cricket. Cricket was his passion and he was rightly made for it. He played with Ali in midnight when he had no one after the tough and hectic day. He once had his wrist fractured while bowling due to malnutrition and all the secret vaults appeared empty for his treatment. He, somehow, dealt with it and placed his index finger of aching hand on the lips of his aged mother when she tried to find the money saved for the wedding of his sisters. Life went on in the same manner and he finally got successful in maintaining a fine lifestyle for his blood. He was the son of a hardworking man who had never compromised on his family so did he. He earned his undergraduate degree in engineering and after years of insults, disgrace and humiliation a firm hired him.

He was Abdullah Ahmed and he was open to experiments. He nailed everything in his life and with abrupt introductions to failure he trained himself to not lose hope. He was tested painfully and now it was the time for his high flight on the trajectory which was his destination.

------------------------------

AssalamoAlaikum.

How was the prologue? Are you finding your interest brewing up? Please tell me.

Vote and comment please.

Stay tuned. :-)

And now I wonder that my notes at the ends of the chapters are getting lengthier.