Nine

Abdullah was near to lose his life. 

He had lost litres of blood and the accident was very painful. His car was almost burnt to ashes. The body had endured the fear of death, anxiety of being torn into pieces and traumatic clash with a roadside tree.

Abdullah had never thought of going through such a painful phase in his life. It was neither his fault too. That time the main hospital of the city was putting its all efforts to sustain his life. His mouth was covered by the oxygen mask and the tiniest bubbles in it were showing that the pain and suffering were real. His brawny arm had lost its all strength and was plastered in white bandages. There was no movement in his body since the last five hours. He was unconscious and the doctors were just assuring his aged mother. The hemorrhage in the brain was not easy to cure and the best doctors of the country were failing.

...

Picking up the fork for omelet Mr. Kareem spoke, "I am thinking to show up at the hospital where that young man, our brand ambassador, Abdullah is being treated."

Kinza, who was just stirring the coffee, was jolted by his words. "If you do not mind, Dad, can I come with you?"

Patting his lips by the napkin he said, "It is of no use, honey. You stay at home. What is the reason of your appearance there?"

The reason.

She had a million reasons to tell but her tongue stopped working. Her eyes were wetting and she just managed to say in a broken teary voice, "I am not insisting but please take me there."

Mrs. Kareem knew it. She was the mother of that withered flower which had lost its charm. She knew that the fire of love was burning her daughter but she not even had a drop of water.

"Okay, then be ready by eleven. I will take you there", and Kinza was trying hard to lock the brimming eyes.

...

The corridors of every hospital always know the secrets. The untold truths. The concealed realities. The cosmetic lies.

Abdullah was breathing hardly in Intensive Care Unit and Kinza was travelling to meet him, or to see him, or to leave all thirsty again. He was visible from the glass walls and her tears were hidden by the opaque mirrors of the car. He was trying to steal some other days and she was suffocating to death.

When they reached at the hospital she felt that she was about to step into another eternity. Abdullah was waiting for a miracle to happen but Kinza did not know the magic. She never had a silver stick to move around and see him all well again. She only had him, in her slumbers.

Mr. Kareem had the chance to see him in ICU as he was a business tycoon. Kinza was with him but the nurse refused her request. She suddenly lifted her red puffy eyes and the nurse was mesmerized. She instantly came to know her passion and draped her in a green gown. While the nurse was tightening mask on her face two tears slipped from the fence of eyelashes and absorbed into the cloth. 

Dad was busy in talking with the other doctors and special visitors and Kinza was dead. She was just staring him. The unseen wind chimes were striking and piercing the silence. She was standing near him. This was the only time in her life when the distances meant nothing. There were millions of butterflies in her stomach. Abdullah was also looking at her and she was melting on that brilliant glare. Soon he smiled at her and she felt like the wait was over, the test was finished and she was no more like a stone he had ruthlessly ground under his feet. 

Suddenly the chill breeze made her hair free and she lost the capability to move her hand a single inch. He was staring at those bouncy locks and she was wondering if she is alive. She was wearing red and he was dressed in black. People were congratulating them and she was wonderstruck. Abdullah was busy in sharing his sober grin with many happy eyes and she was just staring him. Soon Mish tapped her shoulder and she smiled and lowered her eyes. Her friends were telling how beautiful their couple was and she already knew it. She had knitted that bond with immense love and love is never meant to imperfections.

She was enjoying the serendipity. The infatuation was finally accepted as love. 

Then her dad made her awake; awake from a false dream, awake from another mad imagination. 

Her reverie was broken and she was again alive to see him all broken.

Four to five doctors were treating Abdullah and he was hiccupping. Coldness of the atmosphere was touching her wet face as Kinza had been crying since ages; noiselessly and silently; without anyone letting to know her unstated, tongue-tied love.

--------------------------

AssalamoAlaikum.

I am still in trance. Are you?

I received your ideas and tried to implement them in my best capacity. Thank you again.

So the love is in the air for the two but will someday, ever, we would see Abdullah opening those Lips for Kinza? Wait is the only option.

Byeee..

Allah Hafiz.

*Please, Abdullah, let that someday be today.*