Chapter 8 |Bangs Boy|

Sophie knew it would be crowded, but this was just ridiculous.

There were people everywhere. They were buying food, eating food, doing...something to the food, riding all the rides, playing games—there would be no escape.

Sophie jumped when someone took her hand.

Biana giggled, pulling her along. "Don't get lost!"

Keefe and Fitz walked in front of them, passing through the crowd with ease. Fitz greeted a few people, smiling.

Keefe turned to look at them while Fitz got them their tickets. He raised an eyebrow.

"I told you there would be a lot of people," he said, falling into step with her.

"It doesn't bother me." Sophie felt her eye twitch as someone stepped on the back of her foot. Keefe caught her before she tripped pathetically onto the confetti covered concrete.

"Liar." He steadied her as she fixed her shoe.

Next to them, Biana narrowed her eyes. "Keefe, go be annoying somewhere else, please."

"Aw," he smirked. "Don't I get to hold Foster's hand, too?"

Sophie blushed, looking down at the ground.

Biana attempted to shoo him away. Then Keefe pointed at someone.

"Hey, isn't that—"

"Tam!" Biana cried, letting go of Sophie's hand and running to a boy standing a few yards away from them and throwing her arms around him.

Keefe bristled. "Bangs Boy."

He had bangs. Yes, he did. His hair was mostly black, though the strands that fell over his eyes were dyed silver.

He was a bit taller than Biana, so her feet didn't touch the ground as he hugged her back and kissed her.

Sophie and Keefe watched them awkwardly.

Sophie gave her a small smile as Biana pulled 'Bangs Boy' towards them.

"Sophie!" Biana seemed fairly excited. "This is my boyfriend, Tam." She indicated to Bangs Boy.

She waved. "Sophie."

Tam nodded to her. Sophie noticed he didn't greet Keefe.

Keefe didn't seem to want to talk either. "I'm leaving."

Sophie nearly asked to go with when Biana interrupted.

"No," she scowled. "You have to take care of Sophie."

Sophie tried not to take offence to that.

"I'm sure she can take care of herself."

Biana glared. "Keefe."

"Fitz can do it!"

"He's busy."

After an intense staring contest, Keefe threw his hands up in the air. "Fine, fine, jeez."

Biana smiled again. "Great."

She and Tam made to leave when she called, "Tell Fitz we're at the House of Mirrors, okay?"

Sophie nodded.

She looked back at Keefe, who had a faint smile on his face. He offered his hand.

Sophie rolled her eyes at him.

Then she placed her hand in his.

She didn't want to get lost.