Chapter 15 |Linh Song (or Bangs Girl)|

Keefe really was good.

He was such a mystery, yet his drawing made him an open book. He made comics of his life, like when he first met Fitz and when Tam appeared with silver hair and bangs. Then there was a drawing of a family. A man and a woman. Not smiling. Whoever had been standing in between then had been erased.

Others were really random (like the one showing Keefe throwing Biana off a roof) (don't ask, he said, don't ask).

His sketchbooks were like a massacre of colors and beauty.

Everything about him was art.

He smirked when he caught her watching him.

"Like what you see?"

Sophie breathed a laugh, snorting. "If it makes you feel better about yourself, sure."

"I'll take that as a yes." Keefe grinned, sending her a sly wink.

She huffed, shoving him with her elbow when a knock sounded at the door.

It flew open a second later, Biana stepping through with two bags in each hand, arms outstretched like she was blessing the gods, smiling broadly. Fitz stood in the hallway behind her, looking fairly annoyed.

"Can't you wait?" he snapped, pushing her aside. "What if he was doing something?"

"Like what?" Biana snorted. "All he does in here is draw and sleep." She turned to them now, holding out the bags. "And eat, of course!"

She flounced to his kitchen, which was empty, like it hadn't been used since Keefe had arrived there. She placed the bags on the island, and a delicious smell wafted into the air.

"What's that?" Sophie questioned, walking over. Her stomach grumbled painfully, even though she was sure she had eaten her tub of ice cream only an hour ago.

"Some of Calla's leftovers," Biana said, pulling out containers. "Go over there, Dex and Tam will be here soon."

They had opened up doors, leading to a spacious living room Sophie hadn't seen before, and Keefe and Fitz were talking on a worn sofa.

Keefe rubbed the back of his head, his mouth forming a word until he noticed her and stopped. He smiled instead.

"Hey," Fitz greeted. "Nothing weird happened while you were alone, right?"

Sophie felt her cheeks redden, but before she could say anything Keefe waved the question away.

"Of course not," he said. "Foster knows better."

"Of course she does," Dex interrupted, rushing up behind them, wrapping his arm around Sophie's shoulders and pulling her close, grinning. "She'd be foolish to do anything with Keefe!"

Keefe bristled.

Tam stepped in a few minutes later, a girl holding onto his shoulders.

"Linh," she greeted, holding out her hand. Her hair was long and black, dyed white at the tips, much like Tam's. Her pale eyes had a much more happy look to them.

"Sophie."

"You're all the guys want to talk about," she whispered, her laugh clear like water. Her gentle smile turned into a wide grin.

Sophie blushed again. "I doubt that."

Linh shook her head, leaning forward and cupping her hand around her mouth. "You're the first new girl I've seen in this apartment for all the years I've known Keefe. And Dex actually left Slurps & Burps. And Fitz. He thinks you have a real connection."

Sophie rolled her eyes. "You can't be serious."

"You didn't notice?" Linh's eyes widened. She grabbed Sophie's hand, pulled her into the kitchen with Biana, and put her chin in her hands. "So who has the best chance, do ya think?"

She found herself fumbling for an answer, one that was probably on the tip of her tongue but refused to let itself out.

She gave a nervous chuckle and shrugged. Seemed like the least she could do.

Linh knows all.