Chapter 14 |Inspiration|

Dex had turned out to be a good friend, and he said that he would give her a 50% off discount at the store, though Sophie had no idea what she would ever buy from there.

The days after were fun too, with Biana and Fitz back home, she was able to spend time with the three of them.

Keefe still hadn't come out of his apartment.

It bothered her still, though she occupied herself with other things and eventually it was pushed to the back of her mind.

Until.

It was Saturday morning, a day Sophie preferred to spend inside watching cartoons (don't judge!). Saturdays were days to relax, so she liked it quiet.

Then her phone gave a little ring. She looked over, then reached across her sofa to grab it. It was her exercise of the day.

The message was from Fitz.  A picture. Sophie paused as she took it in.

It was a drawing. Well, she thought. It was a drawing of her. She didn't know where it was from but it was her.

Down to every detail.

The backdrop was dark, and she couldn't tell what it was.  Her eyes were shining and she was smiling.

Pretty, isn't it?

Sophie felt herself blush at Fitz's words.

Yeah. She quickly answered. Where did it come from

Fitz sent a laughing emoji. Keefe drew it

Sophie sat there with her TV going and her phone ringing but all she could really focus on was the drawing of her.

He said it took him three days to get it right.

So that was what he had been doing locked in his apartment? Drawing her?

Sophie dropped her phone on her sofa as she stood up, ignoring the next ring. She walked down the hallway in her pink socks and knocked on the last door.

It took him seven seconds to answer.

Keefe didn't say anything.

"Can I see it?"

Keefe stood there, confused. "Uh—"

"The drawing," Sophie added.

He straighted, then nodded, stepping aside to let her in.

His apartment was a bit more spacious than hers, with just a few long tables where he would have a living room. Papers and more drawings were taped along the walls and over bookshelves filled with sketchbooks.

"You sure keep tidy," Sophie commented.

"I don't have my own Butler yet," Keefe said as he began typing at a computer on one of the tables. There was a large tablet leaning on a pedestal beside it, and it flashed every time Keefe clicked something. "That job is up for grabs in case your interested."

Sophie crossed her arm over her chest, blushing. "No thanks."

"Really?" He pointed to the tablet, which now showed the drawing. "You wouldn't have to wear a tuxedo. Maybe a maid uniform..."

She felt her face heat up even more as she leaned down to look at the drawing, but quickly forgot his comment.

It had even more detail here than on her phone. The colors were more vivid, and somehow he managed to make brown look like the most magical color in the world.

Sophie pulled away slowly after she looked at it in silence for a few minutes. She turned to him.

Keefe was leaning on one of the tables, not looking at her.

Sophie looked back down again. "Why did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Draw it."

He blinked, still looking away. "Inspiration comes in many different ways."

She let in a deep breath, contemplating what to do next.

"It looks nice," she finally mumbled.

Finally, his blue eyes flicked to her. "Thanks."

Sophie didn't make her way to leave, and he didn't ask her to, so she decided it was okay.

"Can you show me more?"

At last, Keefe turned to her in surprise.

Sophie smiled. Eventually, the smirk was back on his lips.

"For you, Foster, always."

I'm so disappointed with my writing at the moment. Oh well woops

NOTES FOR LATER: broken ankles, fluffy Keefe and Fitz, Biana has lady problems, JOYRIDE AND TITANS WITH MR. JAEGER, sit in the sunset, tattoos, home...

Wanna add to my list? Go ahead.