Chapter 11 |Midnight Lights|

Keefe had left her with Fitz, saying that he had some things he needed to get done and he left.

"Does he have a job?" Sophie asked as they walked around, searching for Biana and Tam.

Fitz raised an eyebrow. "He didn't tell you? Well, he draws stuff for gaming corporations and what not. He says it's a hobby, but he gets a lot of money for his arts."

Sophie nodded. She remembered to when she first met him. He had been drawing, then, with charcoal. He must be really good.

"What about you?"

Fitz was surprised, but he simply shrugged. "I don't know yet. I might as well follow in my father's footsteps, since that's what he wants."

"A teacher?"

He shrugged again. "It's either that or staying here for the rest of my life."

"I think staying here wouldn't be too bad," Sophie said. "This place is...amazing."

Fitz chuckled. "I guess it is."

********

The two of them joined with Biana and Tam again at an ice cream truck that had kindly put out tables in front.

"Where's Keefe?" Biana asked.

"He left," Sophie answered, spoon still in her mouth.

"Really? I never thought he'd miss the midnight celebration."

"Mhm?"

Fitz grinned at her. "It's something not to be missed!"

********

The sky had exploded.

Or rather, the sun had forgotten it was supposed to disappear and decided to make a surprise appearance in the middle of the night.

Sophie felt like she needed sunglasses just to look up.

It had started with a loud BOOM! then the darkness had faded away and the inky black sky was alive with colors.

Fitz was right. You wouldn't have wanted to miss this.

Where is Keefe? How could he leave behind his precious Sophie? He can draw?
O.o what am I doing