Chapter Five

Madeline's POV

~~~~~~~~~~

To say I was shocked would be putting it lightly. When Ashton just barged his way into my house I just stood at the door staring at the spot he previously stood.

"Madeline, please I need to talk to you." He said from somewhere inside my small house.

Shaking my head to bring me back to reality I close the door and walk over to where he is standing in the living room looking around.

"Umm, ok about what...?" I looked down at the floor out of habit when he turned his strong gaze onto mine.

"I need to go back to my pack soon - and I'd like for you to come with me." He walks up to me and lifts my chin so I'm looking him in the eyes.

I see the sincerity in them meaning he isn't joking when he says he wants me to move into his pack.

"I-I can't." I whisper, holding in my tears. This is the best opportunity I've ever had and for once.. I can't take it.

"What? Why not?" He frowns and looks as though he's in disbelief that I would say no.

"I can't leave. I'll be punished." I wince at my own words, knowing how they'd sound to Ashton.

I hate talking about my life here in this pack. It's embarrassing to discuss how I'm abused so much by a pack everyone believes is a dream pack that they'd be lucky to get into. For anyone else I suppose it's true, for me? Not so much.

"I won't let them hurt you." He runs both his hands down my arms until he reaches my hands, interlacing our fingers when he reaches them.

If I'm being completely honest I'm over the moon right now at how he's treating me.

I always thought my mate would reject me when he saw how much of a disappointment i was, and how much of an embarrassment I'd be standing beside him in his pack.

Knowing Ashton is an Alpha, of the strongest fucking pack in America no less, doubled my fear of rejection so to know that he isn't rejecting me puts my mood through the roof.

I smile up at Ashton but it quickly goes away when I remember the conversation were having.

"If I leave I'll be punished, you won't be able to do anything about it..." Once again I look down at the floor, away from his eyes.

There's a piece of lint on my floor... Why is there lint on my floor? I thought I just vacuumed.. Oh wait, right, conversation. Focus Maddie.

"Madeline, I'm you're mate, I'm here for you. To protect you, to love you, to cherish you, to care for you when you aren't feeling well, to hold you and make you feel better when you are sad, to celebrate with you when you are happy. Let me do what I'm here to do." By the end of his sentence I'm basically dying with the amount of effort I'm using to hold in my tears.

This may sound cliche but who gives a fuck? That was truthfully the sweetest and most sincere thing anyone has ever said to me. With it coming from my mate it just has a more emotional impact on me.

Don't even think of judging me, if you're told all of this when you're already in an emotional state and then have that added on then come talk to me.

Not trusting my voice to speak, I only nod my head, giving him the approval of taking me to his pack.

His smile lights up the room which in turn makes me smile as well.

I just now notice how he has deep dimples whenever he smiles. I love them.