Chapter Twenty

Ashton's Pov

~~~~~~~~~~

I quickly run over to where Madeline is still currently riding the rogue and pull her off so she doesn't get hurt. She growls at me as she lands but I don't pay any attention to it.

I ram my body into the rogue, catching him off guard and quickly grab his neck between my teeth, ending his life in seconds. 

A howl fills the air before all the fighting seems to just stop. With no warning whatsoever.

Within the blink of an eye all the rogues turn on they're heels and bolt into the tree line. We all watch as they run back to wherever it is they came from, the howl now being known as they're 'Alpha' of sorts telling them to retreat.

Once every last rogue is back into the forest I throw my head back and let out an ear piercing howl into the air, quickly accompanied by the pack mates surrounding me on the field.

A howl of victory.

A couple pack members continue to let out small howls of victory and happiness combined. I turn around, ready to lead Madeline back to the pack house so we can have a proper talk of what I want her to do when something like this may happen - only to find that she's already half way there just prancing as though she owns the place.

I laugh inside my head at how proud her wolf is acting, her tail all high in the air as she trots across the field. 

With a huff I make my way towards her, occasionally stopping for a second or two when I find an injured pack mate.

I finally make it to where she's sitting in the front of the pack house checking on another wolf that is there with her. I know it doesn't make sense that they could check on them when everyone is still in they're wolf form but you'd be surprised.

The wolf side of us takes on one of the many natural instincts that comes with being a wolf and somehow looks around at the wolf and can see all the major injuries and then the human side of us starts coming up with what we'll need to fix it.

Its honestly kind of cool how the wolf inside of us helps us in so many ways, even when we don't notice it.

I shake myself out of my thoughts and focus on getting my mate inside. There are pack doctors that will be coming out soon to check on the wounded members.

I nudge her with my nose and when she looks at me I nod my head in the direction of the pack house. I lead the way inside with her thankfully following me. The hallways are relatively wide so I make it through them without a problem, even with our large size.

I lead us to my room where I head to the closet, shifting mid-way. I chuckle when I hear Madeline's yelp from behind me, probably from being surprised with my random shift. She should probably get used to seeing me naked as once she allows us to complete the mating process we won't be leaving for quite some time.

I walk into the closet and grab a pair of basketball shorts for me and a pair of basketball shorts with a t-shirt for her.

I quickly slide on my shorts before grabbing her clothes and making my way back outside into the bedroom where I find her sitting on her hind legs in front of the door. I set the clothes on the bed in front of her before walking into the bathroom to give her privacy.

I wait until she says its ok to come out and when I do come out I can't help but admire the way she looks in my clothes. I know thats such a guy thing to say but she honestly looks beautiful. The shirt is too big to fit to her small frame, instead running down to mid-thigh. I stop dead in my tracks when I notice that she isn't wearing the shorts I gave her.

I have absolutely no idea how I never noticed before that she wasn't wearing them but I definitely notice now. 

"I-is it ok? I can put the shorts on I just thought that since it was so big that..." She trails off her sentence while I just continue to sit there and stare a her like a complete moron but at the moment I honestly don't care what I look like.

I swallow loudly before looking up from her long, tan legs to her bright blue eyes.

"No, no you're fine. You look beautiful." I make my way to her, crossing the short distance between us in 2 strides until I'm stood directly in front of her.

She has to look up to meet my eyes but rather than trying to communicate with her I just give in to what my wolf as been begging me to do ever since we walked into this damn house.

I place my hand against her cheek softly and lean down, softly brushing my lips against hers, almost like a feather.

She apparently doesn't like the soft pressure I was using and responds with a little bit of her own.

To say I'm shocked when she crashes her lips onto mine in a fiery kiss is an understatement. Rather than think about it though I just respond to the kiss with everything I have.

I push her up against the wall behind her, grabbing her hands in my own and interlacing our fingers before placing our joined hands beside her head on the wall.

She moans into the kiss, fueling me and my wolf to go further.

I groan and push myself closer to her, making sure there isn't even so much as a centimeter in between us. She breaks away to catch a breath but rather than doing the same I trail kisses down her jaw and down her neck. She moans again making me groan in response.

I pull my hands from hers and put them on her waist before backing up to the bed, taking her with me. I fall back against the bed, turning at the last second so that she is underneath me.

We kiss like that for a while before she breaks away again only this time she takes my face between her hands and looks me in the eye.

"I'm ready for you to mark me." Once again, to say I'm surprised is a complete understatement.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to rush into anything just because you think I want you too." I want to make sure she is completely positive about this decision, I wouldn't be able to take it if she regretted letting me mark her.

"No, I don't care if people think its too soon I'm ready, I want you to mark me Ashton." I groan and crash my lips to hers.

I make out with her for a few minutes before trailing kisses down her neck, sucking all the way down so she is sure to have marks tomorrow. I finally reach my destination and when I hear her moan in pleasure I know this is bound to happen.

I suck on the spot for a few moments before letting my teeth lengthen and biting into the spot where my mark will forever be held by her.

She yelps in pain but rather than try to push me away she tries to pull me closer. I smile against her skin when she does that and bite down just a little harder so its sure to leave a dark mark so everyone can see it.

After sitting that way for a minute or two I slowly pull my teeth out and lick the wound to close it. When I pull back to look at her for any sign of regret or anything like that I'm ecstatic to find that all I see is complete and utter contentment. She looks at peace, completely happy.

I smile and kiss her passionately before laying down beside her and pulling her close to me. I know that she's tired so I lay there until she falls asleep, running my hand through her hair and lightly trailing my hand up and down her thigh. I smile when I feel her relax in my arms and her breathing even out.

Only when I'm positive she's asleep and at peace do I allow myself to fall asleep with her.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys (: so I didn't update before my game like I had hoped but I did update so I'm happy (: I don't have much to say other than stay tuned as this next chapter or so is gonna get really interesting really fast (;

Hope you guys are having an awesome night/day depending on where you are, if you are maybe you could spread the love and vote and comment? Maybe even follow me <3

-Skittles 💋

The greatest pleasure in life is doing the things that people say you can't do.