Chapter Twenty Eight

"Princess, get up! You have to get up right this second, like right now. That means now princess!" I groan at the insistent voice of Anthony from right beside me. I don't want to get up right now, I don't have any windows in my cell but I can almost guarantee its early in the morning and I refuse to get up early, even if it is for that dumbass Alpha.

"Get up!!!" He must of grown frustrated with me because he pulled roughly on my shirt making me tumble off of the metal bed they gave me and onto the hard stone floor. 

I groan loudly once again only this time its from the pain my body is in. I'm extremely sore.

"What the hell do you want?" Only then do I notice how worn down my voice is. It cracks on almost every word I say and my throat is extremely dry. Ugh.

"We are leaving, but in order for us to do such a thing you have to be awake!" The sarcastic tone in his voice makes me look up at him from where I still lay on the cold floor and glare daggers at him. 

He smirks... Smirks!

I'm about to say my amazing comeback but my brain decides to take that moment to think about what he just said. Leaving? What does he mean leaving?

"Its  2:34 in the morning, its the only time I am left alone to guard you. This is our only chance. I have come up with a plan, we will be leaving through the south doors and running down the tunnels to get to the entrance to the Prison, then we will make a run for the woods and shift and hopefully your wolf will be able to lead us in the general direction of your pack."

I stare at him in shock. How was he able to come up with this at 2:34 in the frickin morning? I can barely figure out how to hold a piece of bacon when its 5 in the morning much less come up with some elaborate plan to get us out of this hell hole.

I ignore the pain that radiates throughout my body from the sudden movement and jump to my feet, immediately pulling Anthony into a hug. He's risking his life for me to help me get out of here and back to my mate, I will never be able to show the amount of gratitude I have for him.

He hugs me back but eventually pulls away, reminding me once again that this will be the only chance we have of leaving. I don't have any belongings here, as they didn't really give me a chance to pack before they so rudely kidnapped me, so without looking back we run out of the cell and towards the south exit.

I ignore the burning in my thighs and abdomen and push my body to its limit to keep up with Anthony's long legs.

I give a small sigh of relief when we reach the end of the hallway and turn the corner that the south exit is supposed to be, only to see two guards leaning against the doorway talking. 

Almost immediately Anthony pushes me roughly back behind the corner so we won't be seen. He leans his back against the wall and carefully looks around the corner so he can see the two guards. 

He seems to come up with a plan because after leaning against the wall for a minute with his eyes closed he takes a deep breath and rushes around the corner. I do the same thing he did previously where I lean my back against the wall and peek around the corner.

I watch in horror as Anthony strategically rushes towards the guards, with his light feet the guards don't hear him until he's almost right in front of them, but by that time they're too late as Anthony quickly snaps one of the guards necks before moving onto the other one.

The other guard was in too much shock to fight back against Anthony considering how fast he moved on so I watch in horror once again as Anthony does the same to him and snaps his neck roughly. 

The two guards both end up sprawled on the floor, their eyes and mouths open as they seemingly stare on in horror at the empty space. I'm sure I looked exactly like that just moments ago.

Anthony jerks his head toward the door, indicating we need to move. I hesitantly step over the guards lifeless bodies before running behind Anthony as he runs through the tunnels. I don't know how many turns we take - I lose track after 17 - but eventually we make it to the entrance of the Prison.

I let out a huge sigh of relief when we see it as my body is almost ready to collapse from the running we did. After laying down all day, then being tortured and starved my lungs are completely lifeless as I almost died of oxygen deprivation within the first 3 steps we ran out of my cell.

I pushed on though, listening to the encouraging thoughts my wolf sent me. She continuously mentioned how proud Ashton would be of us such as Anthony has been doing the entire time I've been locked in the prison cell, the thoughts of seeing Ashton again continued to push me through.

We make it to the door and Anthony pulls out a key chain, flipping through a couple before sliding one into the lock and unlocking the door. He moves over from the door and types something into the keypad mounted beside the door - some sort of code - before opening the door.

He removes the key before placing them back in his pocket and grabbing my hand, pulling me out of the Prison. We run all the way to the forest line before I stop and turn back to look at where I've been held for so long. 

It looks a lot like a normal prison would, a huge stone box with 2 large doors placed in the middle of the wall facing us that we just came out of. 

I let out a huge sigh of relief once again that I have finally made it out of the hell hole before shifting into my wolf.

It was extremely painful as I haven't shifted for so long that my body isn't used to the bones moving so quickly.

Anthony follows suit and soon we are both in wolf form running in a random direction. I let my wolf have control so my mind can rest. She seems to know where she's going so I happily let my mind fall asleep as my wolf hopefully takes us back to the one person I have been striving to see since I first was taken.

My handsome mate.

~~~~~~~~

 Hey guys (: So I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it wasn't necessarily eventful but it did have a bit more action in it then I have been putting into the last ones. I just want to apologize for the lack of enthusiasm I have been putting into my story lately. By that I mean that I have been taking longer to update and when I do update its not to the best of my ability, its mainly been because of sports and school so I just wanted to apologize.

I hope you guys are having an amazing Wednesday, if you are maybe you could spread the love and vote and comment? Maybe even follow me? <3

-Skittles 💋

Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge.