Chapter Eighteen

Bang...

Bang...

Bang...

Bang...

I groan and shove my face deeper into the pillow below my head. The banging doesn't get any quieter though, making me more annoyed than I already was.

Why can't the world just let me sleep? I doubt its even 10:00 in the morning yet! This is outrageous, it should be illegal to wake someone up this early without permission from said person.

Ok maybe thats a little overboard but still! You get my point.

The banging continues its obnoxious rhythm and after maybe 5 minutes I have finally had enough.

I roll off the side of the bed, skillfully putting my feet below me so I don't face plant the floor immediately. Ive learned that trick over the years of getting up early for school, when I wasn't fully awake thats how I always got up. Its a nice tactic.

I yawn and rub the sleep out of my eyes - well try anyways - before stomping my way to the door and flinging it open. What I wasn't expecting was what is on the other side of the door.

Its like a completely different world just appeared before my eyes. 

On one side of the door its all peaceful while I slept, until the banging of course. Then on the other side, its like complete chaos. The obnoxious banging is still there but its accompanied by people running everywhere and in the far off distance I think I can hear someone screaming.

I quickly jump into action and run down the hallway. I run into a girl maybe 9 or 10 years old who looks completely and utterly lost. She has tears running down her cheeks while she frantically looks around, probably looking for her parents.

"Hey sweetie, are you lost?" I pay no attention to the chaos surrounding us, only giving the girl my full attention.

She nods and sniffles before reaching up and rubbing her nose.

"Ok, do you know where you're mom or dad may be?" I try to sound calm but I'm not sure how good I'm doing though, considering she's still crying and looks completely terrified. 

At my question she shakes her head no, making me sigh and run a hand through my hair.

I look up as a guy, probably a warrior or tracker, comes running down the hallway. I quickly grab onto his arm before he can run past me.

"Whats happened?" He looks down the hallway and yells something at someone before turning back to me.

"Rogue attack, they came from the East at first but now they're trying to surround us. Go to the safe shelter with you're daughter, this should be over soon." With that he simply turns and continues running down the hallway.

I look down at the girl who is now clinging to my leg like an octopus.

I bend down to her level so I can speak clearly to her. I hold her hand so she knows to give me her full attention, which thankfully she does.

"I'm going to take you to the safe shelter ok? I want you to stay there until either me or you're mom or dad come to get you ok?" She once again nods and sniffles, clinging onto my hand in the same way she did my leg.

I quickly stand, picking her up with me, figuring we'll cover more ground if she doesn't lag behind a bit.

I quickly follow everyone else, hoping they lead me to where I'm supposed to go, which thankfully they do. I see all the girls quickly filing into the shelter after saying goodbye to they're loved ones who are going off to fight.

God, I make it sound like the Vietnam War.. I waste no time in running into the shelter and setting the girl down with a group of children who are currently all huddled up beside an older girl.

She smiles at me and quickly pulls the girl closer to the group. I give one last glance at her before running back out of the shelter and up to the pack house.

I can see the rogues in the tree lines, preparing to advance. To be completely honest I'm not sure why they aren't attacking us all right now while we try to get into the shelter, if I'm being completely honest we look quite vulnerable right now, it'd be an easy attack.

I shake the thought from my mind and focus back on finding Ashton, he should be outside since he's the Alpha.

It takes me a while before I finally find him standing at the tree line talking to another guy, a rogue a presume by the way they are both standing threateningly, as though they are ready to attack at any second.

They seem to be negotiating, probably the reason why the other rogues aren't attacking us right now. I don't know what they're negotiating about but I can't tell who's winning or losing the negotiation considering Ashton's back is turned to me and the man he's talking to, his face is completely passive.

They stay that way for quite a while, talking, staring each other down. Until suddenly I notice some of the rogues moving closer, almost like they're trying to surround either us or Ashton. I growl slightly and nudge the warrior beside me. 

He seems to notice what I'm getting at and mind links Ashton. I watch as Ashton quickly looks around, finally noticing that were getting boxed in.

Ashton doesn't like that.

Everything transforms from the tension filled silence, to completely and utter chaos. Almost like a volcano. At first everyone knows that its coming but they don't know when, and when they finally see the eruption, everyone jumps into action.

Thats exactly what happens here. I watch as the warriors all shift in sync, shredding they're clothes and running at the enemy all snarls and growls. 

Slams can be heard from all around as bodies come into contact with other bodies when they slam into each other, the sound of cracking bones as one of them get the upper hand.

I stand there, almost in shock, as I watch everyone fight for they're pack. I know I should probably go to the shelter where I'll be safe but I can't convince myself to leave the pack while they fight for they're lives.

Even if I am a girl, even if I am labeled as an Omega, I will fight for my new pack. Wether I die trying is a different story.

Without a second thought I jump off the front stairs of the pack house, shifting mid-air and shredding all my clothes as well.

I run at the rogues full speed, zeroing in on a certain one that looks like I would be able to easily take him down. 

Howls fill the air as I jump on my enemy, my target, quickly fighting for the upper hand and snapping his neck in seconds. 

I take my first life and I can't help but feel bad about it...

~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so I know this isn't the most eventful chapter, but it is more eventful than the previously ones that I've been updating. I hope you enjoyed and I plan on updating either tomorrow or the next day (:

Hope you all are having an amazing Wednesday, maybe you could spread the love and vote and comment? Maybe even follow me? <3

-Skittles 💋

A negative mind will never live a positive life.