Chapter Twenty Four

Ashton's Pov

~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't you understand? No one wants you anymore, you are nothing to me! You're the worst mate anyone could ask for, I just stayed with you for so long because you're an Alpha! The power that gave me was indescribable!" I cry out from the anguish her words cause me.

"You're lying! You're my mate, you would never be with me just for the title." I try desperately to believe the words I say but by the look of utter disgust on her face I know they aren't true.

"You can tell yourself that as much as you want Ashton but now that I have Mason I don't need you anymore. He's going to help me rule all the werewolves, you're puny little title will mean nothing to me anymore." She laughs and I want to kill myself for finding pleasure in the soft melody of it. I want to hate her but the bond inside of me won't let me.

I cry out again from the pure torture I'm going through, no mate should ever have to feel this. No person should ever have to hear the words that are currently coming out of my own mates mouth.

"Please, don't leave me." I fall to my knees and let the tears fall, I can't believe this is happening. I thought she loved me. How wrong I was.

~~~~~~~~

I bolt up in bed, breathing heavy and sweating like crazy. 

I keep telling myself its just a dream but it felt so real that I'm honestly scared. My heartbeat slowly comes down from its marathon it was trying to run while I was asleep. I fall back against the bed, about to reach for Madeline to pull her close to assure me that she's still with me, only to find she isn't there.

Her side of the bed is cold, meaning she's been gone for quite a while. I don't want the insecure thoughts to consume me but I can't help but let them. Curse this dumb dream for putting these thoughts of doubt into my mind.

I should know better than to think my soul mate would leave me just because theres someone better out there. 

I push all the insecure thoughts out of my head and roll out of the bed and onto my feet. I walk into the closet and grab a white t-shirt, a pair of light blue jeans and a pair of boxers before heading into the bathroom to take a shower.

I don't spend too much time in there, anxious to get to Madeline so I can finally calm me and my wolf down.

After brushing my teeth and combing through my wet hair I walk down the stairs and through the many hallways before I finally get to the kitchen. Why did my dad make this house so big? Its too much walking.

When I get to the kitchen I realize that Madeline isn't there and after asking a few random pack members that are milling around I find out no one has seen her.

I start getting worried and immediately mind link James to meet me in my office, not wasting any time in running there.

"Ashton, calm down she's fine." James walks in and immediately starts reassuring me, probably having heard me pacing back and forth from the bottom floor.

"James what if she's not? What if somethings wrong? That asshole George took her I know he did!" I grab the closest thing to me which happens to be a glass pen holder and throw it at the wall, watching in satisfaction as it shatters into a million pieces.

"Calm down, we'll find her. Even if he does have her he isn't the smartest person out there if you know what I mean. He leaves clues everywhere he goes. Remember when he lost his Luna? He went off the deep end man, all the sense flew out the window. He doesn't play smart, he plays off of the moment." I calm down knowing what he means.

George lost his Luna, his mate, a while ago making him and his wolf go insane. No male wolf - especially an Alpha - can survive losing they're mate without some sort of impact. George started punishing his pack members and beating them for small things, which is exactly what happened to Madeline. He doesn't do things the smart way he does what he thinks of at the moment.

"We need to move. Theres no way that they could have moved her that far so quick so they have to be either on the border or right outside of our territory. We can send the trackers out right now and they should be able to pick up on some sort of scent before its too late." I nod at James quick plan, giving him the okay to send out our trackers.

I know he's mind linking them by the way his eyes glaze over and he freezes for a moment.

"They're on they're way out." I nod again and let my thoughts consume me.

How ironic is it that I just have a dream about Madeline leaving me and what happens? She's gone. I can't help the anguish that rips through me from my mate being taken from me but its quickly replaced by the pure anger my wolf feels at not protecting his mate.

I know how he feels, I feel as though we almost failed Madeline. Like we didn't do enough. I know its sort of stupid since we were asleep when it happened but still, I'm supposed to protect her from everything and I can't even protect her from one person.

I growl and throw another glass object on my desk, momentarily forgetting that James is still in the room. 

"Ashton! Calm down man, this isn't going to help anything if the pack has to learn that they're Luna has been taken and they're Alpha is going mad!" James runs over to me and holds my arms down so I'm not able to throw anything else.

His words make me calm slightly but I soon feel my wolf pushing at the inside of me, begging to get out. I know I won't be able to hold him back long enough so rather than run out of the office door I open the window and jump out.

My wolf breaks through right before I hit the ground, taking the impact off of the two story drop. I let my wolf have control as he desperately needs the release. I watch as he runs into the woods and through to where the lake sits that him and Madeline's wolf had they're day together so long ago.

He stares at the water for a moment before throwing his head back and releasing a pain filled howl into the air.

I feel his emotions wash through me and it pains me to know I can do nothing about it, nothing to help him.

He spends the entire night sniffing everything he sees in the woods, trying desperately to pick up a scent. We find nothing.

By the time he releases control back to me its past 3 in the morning. I sigh and walk back into the pack house and up to our room. I shift and put on some clothes before walking back out and sitting on the edge of the bed.

I stare at the ground for a minute, replaying the days events in my head. I decide now is as good a time as any to let my emotions run free.

I spend the rest of the night crying about my loss before eventually crying myself to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys (: So I figure I should probably explain this chapter a bit. So this chapter is sort of an insight on how Ashton feels about Madeline being kidnapped, I know its not the best but I wrote this in sort of a rush so its sort of rushed as well. I promise I'll be going back and changing it so it flows more smoothly. As for the dream I just added that as sort of a bonus, it'll come into play later in the story.

This chapter is filled with a lot of emotion from Ashton so please don't consider him a pussy I just didn't want him to be one of those stone cold people towards they're mates who don't have any emotion. So actually if you think of him as a pussy so be it, I just wanted my main characters to have a heart.

Hope you guys enjoyed (:

Hope you guys are having an amazing Labor Day, if you are maybe you could spread the love and vote and comment? Maybe even follow me? <3

-Skittles 💋

Never love someone who treats you like you're ordinary.