Chapter 1

Its been a week since Ned and I split. I found out that he had been cheating on me. It broke my heart. This is my third divorce. I never thought that anything thing like this would ever happen to me. I want to be in love with someone for the rest of my life, not for a limited amount of time. I want my kids to have a father that will be there for them.

I know that there is only one person I can talk to about this mess: Leo. He has been my best friend for years. Ever since we first started Titanic, I knew that our friendship would last forever.

I pick up my phone and dial his number as I wipe the tears from under my eyes. I haven't stopped crying since I had the fight with Ned. I really thought that he loved me.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Leo."

"Hey, Kate! How are you sweetheart?"

"I'm not doing well," I answer, sniffling.

"What's the matter?"

"Ned cheated on me. We're getting a divorce."

I hear Leo sigh from the other end of the phone.

"I never liked him. I always thought there was something wrong about him. I felt the same way about Sam. What a jerk."

"Yeah, I know. I called you because I thought that you were the only person I could talk to without being laughed at."

"What do you mean?" Leo asks, clearly confused.

"Some people might think that getting divorced 3 times means that I will never find love."

"Don't say that. I know you will. It just takes time."

"You always seem to find the right words to say."

Leo chuckles a little. "I was just trying to make you feel better."

"You could come to London. That would make me the happiest girl in the world," I suggest.

No sound is heard for a few seconds. I know he wants to come, so why is he hesitating?

"Deal. I'll pack my bags right now."

"Alright. See you soon."

"Ok. Bye, sweetheart."

"Bye."

I hang up the phone. I look at the time and see that it is past midnight.

Why was Leo even awake? It's late in New York as well.

I head upstairs to my bedroom and change into my favorite nightgown. I then crawl under the covers in my bed and fall into a deep sleep.