Chapter 10

"I have to go," I say to Leo.

"Where? he asks.

"I have to talk to the drunk driver who hit you."

"Do you know who it is?"

"I think I do."

I leave the hospital and drive straight to Ned's apartment with waves of fury boiling inside of me. I had no doubt that he hit Leo the other night.

I arrive at his apartment and quickly walk up to the door. I repeatedly ring the doorbell, hoping to send a message of anger. After what seems like an eternity, Ned finally opens the door.

"What are you doing here?" he asks with a rude tone to his voice.

"I want to know what the hell you were thinking Friday night. You went out to the bar, got drunk, and crashed into Leo. He almost died because of you!"

"Yes, I know that I did it. But I don't see what the problem is. He's alive, isn't he?"

"He is, but that doesn't matter! Hitting a person and almost killing them while drunk is a crime!"

"Yeah, and what are you gonna do about it?"

"I'm obviously going to call the cops!"

"Well, good luck with that."

Ned then slams the door in my face. I get back in my car and go back to the hospital, calling the London police on the way.

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is Kate Winslet calling about the car accident of Leonardo DiCaprio. I know exactly who hit him."

"Who would that be?"

"My ex-husband, Ned Rocknroll."

"Address?"

I tell the officer the address as I approach the hospital.

"Ok, are you sure that it was him?"

"Yes, sir. He just confessed to me a few minutes ago."

"Alright, thank you for calling. We will get on this right away."

"Thank you so much, officer."

"No problem, Ms. Winslet."

I hang up the phone as I'm entering Leo's room.

"Who were you talking to?" Leo asks.

"I called the London police. Ned confessed to me when I went to his apartment. I told the police that he did it and they're going to arrest him as soon as they can."

"Ned really did this?"

"Yeah, and he wasn't even concerned. He doesn't think that he did anything wrong."

"Wow. Such an irresponsible jerk."

"I'll say. I'm glad that this is finally over."

"Me too."

For the rest of the day, Leo and I talk about my new movie in New York until he eventually falls asleep.

"I love you," I whisper to him.

I kiss his forehead before I sit down in the chair next to him and fall asleep as well.