Chapter 3

For the next few months, Leo continued to stay in London with me. We would go to the movie theater together or play games with the kids. It was nice to have him there. It made me feel like myself again.

I was making breakfast one morning when Leo came downstairs.

"Hey, darling," he says with a sweet tone to his voice.

"Good morning! I was just finishing breakfast."

"Great. I'm starving."

We sat down and ate our breakfast while planning what we were going to do for the rest of the day. We decided to play mini golf and go out for dinner later.

I found out that I'm terrible at mini golf. I lost the game. Leo won by about 20 points and it was sad. I knew I was going to lose right after the first hole when he had a hole in one and it took me 6 strokes.

We went to dinner at this fabulous Italian restaurant, which I never knew existed since we were in London. Leo then decides to take me for a walk on the beach by the lake.

"Leo, are you sure? Its getting late."

"Yeah, why not?" he asks.

So we walked down to the beach and through the sand with no shoes on. We were walking for a while when Leo pulled me back towards him, my hands in his.

"Kate, I've been thinking about us lately and how much we have been hanging out together for the past few months."

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused. Why is he acting so weird?

"I mean, I want to go on a date with you."

The smile slowly fades from my face. I can't believe what he is saying. It hasn't been too long since I filed for divorce from Ned. I'm not sure if I am ready for a new relationship. And with Leo? What if we break up? Then we might not ever be friends again.

I then realize that after all of this time that I have been spending with Leo has helped me get over Ned.

"I'm not sure what to say," I whisper after a minute of silence.

"You don't have to."

He's right. I know what I want.

I lean in a little and press my lips on his. As soon as I did, I could feel a spark fly inside of me. I knew that it was the start of something amazing.

I pull away and Leo stares at me in silence. He opens his mouth to speak, but I interrupt him.

"I would love to go on that date with you."