Chapter 7

I quickly arrive at the London hospital and I practically run up to the front desk.

"I'm here to see Mr. DiCaprio," I say to the lady behind the desk.

"Down the hall to your left, room number 14B," she responds.

"Thank you."

"Not a problem, Ms. Winslet."

I rush down the hall for what seems like eternity before I finally approach Leo's room. I open the door to see him in a sleep-like state, though I knew that he was still in a coma.

I bring a chair next to his hospital bed and sit down, taking his limo hand in mine. Tears threaten to fall from my eyes, and I let them.

"Oh, Leo," I whisper. "Please wake up soon. I don't want you to die. I can't imagine life without you."

Leo continues to lay still. The room was quiet besides the beeping of the monitor, letting me know that his heart was still beating.

I lean forward in my chair and gently kiss his forehead.

Just then, the door opens and a doctor enters the room.

"Hello, Ms. Winslet. I am Dr. Shultz. I have been taking care of Mr. DiCaprio since he was wheeled in last night."

Dr. Shultz extends his hand and I take it, politely greeting him.

"It is very nice to meet you."

"I can say the same about you."

No one speaks for a few minutes. I decide to finally speak up.

"So, do you know when he will wake up?" I ask, suddenly feeling very eager for the doctor's answer.

"I don't know. I could be a couple of hours or it could be days. It all depends on how severe his injuries were before we took him in for surgery."

"Ok," I reply, trying to resist the urge to scream.

"Alright, I'll leave you two alone so you can be with him for a while."

"Thank you so much."

"Of course."

Dr. Shultz exits the room and softly closes the door behind him.

I sit next to Leo for about 3 more hours before I relax. Sooner rather than later, I eventually fall asleep, my hand still gripping Leo's with no connection lost.

This Love (Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio Fanfic) Wattys 2017On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara