Chapter 12

We're seated at a table in the back that felt more secluded then the rest of the restaurant. Once we sit down, the lady hands us both a menu before leaving us. I look up at Ivan to see him staring at me with a small smile. I smile back before hiding my face into the menu browsing the many options they had.

After a few moments in silence the women comes back to take our orders.

"I'll have the smoked salmon with asparagus and a glass of champagne" I order setting the menu down on the table and glancing at Ivan.

"I'll have the garlic shrimp pasta with a glass of champagne as well" he orders giving me a look of mischief.

The lady nods and disappears allowing some time alone with Ivan. I take my leather jacket off feeling slightly warm, and cross my arms on the table as we sit in an uncomfortable silence. His piercing gaze makes me shift in my seat and I look up to question him.

"Can I as why your staring at me like that" I ask with a hint of sass in my voice. He stares at me for a few more moments to irk me further before responding.

"I'm just marveling at your beauty and the fact that you're mine to touch,kiss and do as I please mia cara" he says, his expression darkening at his last few words. I shiver in anticipation before I open my mouth.

"Technically I belong to myself, and I don't remember giving you permission to ever touch me" I tease trying to conceal the fact that his words excited me to no end.

"Oh mia cara, you gave me permission the minute your body responded to my touch" he teases huskily causing me to blush.

The waitress arrives with our food and I immediately dig into the salmon, moaning as the flaky fish hit my tongue. We continue to eat making small talk before Ivan takes a chunk of my salmon with his fork.

"What's your problem Stone? I'll cut off your fingers next time you touch my plate" I exclaim defensively scooting my plate closer to me. He laughs with food in his mouth and I scowl at him.

"You can have some of mine mia cara" he says apologetically offering me some pasta on his fork. Smiling, I lean forward and eat the food from his fork closing my eyes at the taste. I open my eyes still chewing happily and take a sip of champagne to wash down the food.

"You know if just eating my food satisfies you it's a wonder what else I could do to make you feel good" he replies deviously, his eyes holding a hidden promise. I break eye contact and use my hair to shield my blush as I hear him chuckle at my embarrassment. Our dinner continues and I can't help but fall for my boss even further as he keeps talking.

"Mia cara, tell me a dream you've always wanted to become a reality that you've never told anyone" he asks taking a gulp of his champagne.

"I've always wanted to travel around the world and surround myself with the culture, and music of where ever I am. I want to take loads of pictures of the scenery I stumble across while traveling. Since I'm just freshly out of college I haven't mustered enough money to make it a reality yet" I respond sheepishly pushing my plate away from me and glancing up at Ivan. He nods, a look of concentration on his face as he stares at me.

"What's a dream you've had Ivan" I ask curiously waiting for his answer. He snaps out of his daze and take another sip of champagne before answering.

"I want to move to Italy with whom ever I love and buy a beautiful beach house while still maintaining business at Stone Industries internationally" he replies without much thought and I nod before he adds "If you're ready we can head out" to which I smile and get out of my seat to put on my jacket.