Chapter 23

Standing right in front of us was a woman no older than 24 with stunning blue eyes. Her body was clad in a shimmering gold dress along with a pair of legs to die for. Her hair was perfectly curled and her make up was sultry. I felt an immediate threat from her and shrank back a bit.

"Ivan Stone, nice to see you again" the woman says going in to embrace Ivan tightly. I stand their awkwardly scratching my arm as the two embraced.

"It's good to see you too Simone, congrats on your success" he says giving her a kiss on the cheek before pulling away. I ignore the nasty taste of jealousy and grip Ivan's arm when he pulls me closer.

"Who's this cutie" she asks condescendingly while turning her attention towards me. I put on a smile and square my shoulders before replying.

"Amelia Winters, assistant of Mr. Stone" I say leaving out the girlfriend part. She nods while carefully eyeing me in warning.

"She's also my girlfriend" Ivan butts in, pulling me closer into his side. Simone's expression turns sour as she huffs in annoyance.

"Dating your employee seems a little lower class for someone like you Ivan" she bites taking me by surprise. I resist the urge to snap back and wait for Ivan to defend himself.

"I certainly didn't ask you to analyze my decisions so I suggest you bite your tongue next time Simone" he replies coldly before pulling us away from her. He escorts me to a table occupied by a single man and we take a seat. Ivan takes a minute to calm his breathing and I give him a reassuring squeeze on his hand.

"Ivan Stone, I must say it's been awhile since we've last met" a voice booms next to us and I turn my attention towards the interruption. The man looked to be in his late forties with green eyes and dark brown hair. His eyes assess my appearance before a look of shock washes across his face but he quickly masks it.

"Well Alejandro, I never expected to run into you ever again, especially after our last encounter" he responds coldly with a guarded expression. I look between the two as they glare at each other before butting in.

"I'm sorry but I don't think we've met, Amelia Winters" I say as both men snap their attention towards me. Alejandro gasps as a look of surprise becomes evident on his expression. He quickly shakes out of his trance before giving me a curt smile.

"Alejandro Chavez, pleasure to meet you Amelia" he responds and I smile before a sound of a mic grabs our attention.

"Hello everyone and welcome to the Award Gala of 2016. Today we'll be honoring a very familiar face to the public eye for not only her generosity but also her entrepreneur skills. Please give it up to our very own, Simone Pierre" the announcer exclaims as the room erupts into clapping and cheers. Simone comes out with a smile and hugs the announcer before taking the mic.

"Thank you all for coming, it's truly heart warming to see us all so interested in helping our community. As for my modeling, I've had a great year with many promising projects and I can't wait to be able to share them with you all" she says before thanking them once again. The crowd claps some more and she walks off stage to greet a few people as the rest of us resume our conversations. As the room lights up with chatter, various waiters walked around with trays filled with food. As we wait for our food to come, Jake walks over with a grin and seats himself beside me.

"Well I must say, Simone has truly done it this time" he says lightheartedly and I give a slight nod in agreement.

"Tell me about it, the woman is the perfect business woman not to mention the fact that she thinks with her head and not her heart which is smart in this industry" Alejandro says joining the conversation. Ivan sends a glare his way and Jake looks between the two with the same expression I had.