Chapter 29

*Warning, not edited*

Ivan's pov.

The next morning I woke up to a persistent ringing beside the bed. Untangling myself from Amelia, I reach over and grab my phone before holding it up to my ear.

"Stone speaking" I grumbled

"Yes Mr. Stone, I was looking through the footage of last week and found a few strange things" the security explained through the phone.

"And what did you find" I asked curiously

"I think it'd be better if you saw for yourself" he answered after a few moments of silence.

"I'll be right there" I responded ending the phone call. I set my phone down and turned my attention towards the sleeping beauty beside me. I took a few moments and watched her peaceful expression as she slept curled up to my side. I carefully untangled myself from her before quietly rushing to the bathroom.

I hopped into the shower and let the water wake up my senses. I was one step closer into figuring out who Amelia's father was and why he demanded she stayed away from me. Not wasting anymore time, I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist. I walked back inside the room and into Amelia's closet to get dressed. Having clothes at Amelia's house had proved very useful considering I spent most of my time here when I wasn't working. I walked back into the room while buttoning my shirt to see Amelia still peacefully sleeping. I looked inside the nightstand and grabbed a notepad to write Amelia note. Leaving it beside her, I leaned down and gave her a quick kiss on the forehead before slowly walking out of her room. I had my driver meet me outside to take me to work.

The entire ride I pondered possibilities on who Amelia's father was. From what she told me, I could only assume I had met him if he knew who I was. We arrived shortly and I quickly stepped out of the car eager to see what was found on camera. Walking in, I gave the receptionist a quick nod before rushing to the elevator. Instead of going to my usual floor, I pressed the button for the fourth floor and stood silently as I ascended. Stepping out, I walked down the security wing until I reached my destination. I opened the door and came across one of the security guards completely focused on whatever he was observing.

"What exactly was so important that you couldn't tell me over the phone" I broke the silence causing him to jump in surprise.

"Sir while I was browsing through the footage I came across a few strange things" he answered quietly. I walked towards him and leaned down to see for myself.

"Let's take a look then" I responded curtly and waited as he rewinded the footage. I watched carefully for a few moments trying to spot anything out of the ordinary. A few clips later, Amelia appeared on the screen looking slightly shaken. I watched a few more clips before turning to the guard for an explanation.

"Well sir if you look carefully after Amelia walks past, you can see a male figure discreetly following her across the street" he explains and points to the figure. I glance at the footage closely and spot a man following Amelia from across the street. She seemed so lost in her own mind to even realize she was being followed. Next, I observe the man only to realize exactly who it was moments later.

"Do you have any other footage on that man" I ask coldly trying as hard as I could to contain my anger.

"This is all I could gather from this footage but I'll keep you posted" he answered before turning his focus back to the monitors.