Support

"Skylar! We're gonna be late for school!" My sister Emmy yelled at me to get ready. "Coming!" I yelled back as I put my glasses on and sprint out the door. I'm 15 and Emmy is 18 so there's a bit of an age difference but we get along pretty well.

*Beep beep!*

We honk the horn as we pull up to my best friend Riley's house. (He doesn't like his name...so I make sure to say it a lot)

"Coming!" Yelled Riley as he is brushing his hair on the way out the door.

Skylar: "Woke up late again?"

Riley: "as always. But I have you a smoothie so here you go."

Skylar: "thanks it's my favorite:)"

We get to school right on time
(we got lucky) we go to our classes and by the end of the day I'm exhausted because I stayed up almost all night writing a new song.

"You wanna come to my basketball game?" Riley asks with a little smile
"Wouldn't miss it" I say back giving him a wink. "Maybe you can even sing at half time" he always says this but he knows I could never. "Riley, you know I'm way too scared to do anything in front of anyone. I don't know why you keep suggesting that."
"Because you're a great singer. You should embrace it and show everyone the gift you have."
"Maybe next time" I say, As always.
"Ok... you know I will support your decision but I still think you should sing..."
"I know I know just not right now."