Love

"Skylar! Answer me! Where are you?!"

"Sky. Please pick up. I want to find you. Please."

"Skylar.... this is your mom. You're a great singer I'm sorry we didn't notice before. But please please answer and come back. We can make this work"

(8 missed calls, 15 messages, 3 emails)

I've been gone for 5 days now. I've been staying at a hotel with Keely. I have some money we have shelter and we have each other. We understand each other. She's been through a lot more than I could imagine. Yes I barely know my parents but at least they're alive. I'm all she has and I'm determined to make that enough.

"Is something wrong?"

"No sweet girl. I'm perfectly fine. Want to go for a walk?"
She runs and picks up her shoes and grabs my hand. "Thank you." She says with her head tilted up at me.
"For what?"
"For taking care of me."

___________________________

"SKYLAR!! SKYLAR ITS YOU!!"
Riley runs towards me. Is it really him?! Am I dreaming?! No. no this is real!!

"Skylar. I missed you. I thought you got hurt and I-I- I wouldn't know what to do with myself and-" I cut him off. Not with words. We kissed. and it was the greatest kiss of any kisses.

Keely pulls at my shirt. "What are you doing?"
"Oh! Keely this is Riley, my boyfriend"

Yes yes we did break up, I ran away, we both got scared, and then we kissed. Typical kinda thing, right? Oh well.

"Sky can I talk to you for a second?.... alone."
"Um sure. Hey keels how about u go get ice cream from the ice cream truck!"
"Okay!"

"What's wrong Riley?"
"Who is that?"
"Oh! That is Keely. We found each other. She has no home, no family, nothing. She needs me and I need her."

Riley takes a big deep breath knowing I've already made my decision.
"Well okay then I'm with you."

Yay! He agrees. Keely is the best. I want to look out for her. I'll be 18 soon.... maybe I can adopt her....

I agree to go back to the hotel with Riley to see my parents and Emmy. I explain Keely to them and yes some disagreed but they know they can't change my mind. We're going home tomorrow. Keely is coming too. She wants to.

I tuck her in and tell her goodnight. When I pull away she grabs my hand.
I give her a questioning look.
"I love you"

She-she loves me?? Do I love her? I do. She trusts me enough to live with me and now she said she loves me. Wow.
"I love you too Keely, goodnight."