Chapter 14

The day passed with me and Ethan spending almost the entire day with each other. He would occasionally come in my office with lame reasons like, 'oh! This is your office I thought it was mine. I need to remembery my way.'  I find it rather cute how he always tries to be with me.

We both left early today. We both were strolling hand in hand in the nearby park. People were having fun, children were running around, couples were kissing, walking hand in hand like us. It felt good to be with Ethan. We were an actual couple. I have always felt the lack of normalcy in my life but with Ethan everything seemed almost perfect.

We sat on the nearby bench and watched the sunset. I was so lost in my thoughts that I almost missed what Ethan said.

"Wanna go for dinner? "

"I was thinking that maybe we could spend some time at my place, order something for dinner and watch movies or simply talk." My volume decreased with every word I spoke,somehow thinking that he might not like the idea of spending the rest of the evening with me at home .His expression was as if I spoke some alien language that he didn't comprehend.

"Whatever you like, baby." He said with smile.

We went to my house and I ordered a large pizza for me and he ordered 'chiterlings'. I have never heard that name before. We were both sitting in my living room and discussing our favorite food.

**************************************

"What's wrong in having a pizza for dinner?" I asked stuffing the first bite of pizza slice in my mouth.

"You should eat something healthy."
Ethan spoke.

"Like something chiter... Whatever.It has a weird name I hope it tastes good or I am not sharing any of my pizza. I like my pizza very much and no one dares stop me from eating pizza and I don't share it with anyone."I tried to say in a serious voice. He rolled his eyes.

"Just because it has a weird name doesn't mean it will taste weird."

Ethan opened his box of food to find some weird looking thing. I served it for him on his plate. He took a bite of his food and made some weird faces.

"Oh God! This tastes like shit. " He said.

That's it I couldn't contain my laughter and I burst out laughing. He looked at me in annoyance.

"Why are you laughing?"

As my laughter died I spoke," I mean who orders food without knowing what it tastes like. What did you say'Just because it has a weird name doesn't mean that it will taste weird'. "I mimicked his earlier words.

" Alright you were right okay? " He said accepting his defeat.

I felt bad though beacuse I couldn't let him eat that so we ended up sharing my pizza.After we finished eating he spoke," You said you liked your pizza very much and don't share it with anyone." He spoke raising his eyebrows.

"I like you more than I like pizza." I spoke genuinely.

He smiled, his eyes held a different kind of emotion in them. Our gazes locked, none of us seemed to speak anything. We just sat there in silence. Our peaceful moment was interrupted by Ethan's phone ringing. He answered his phone. His response was mainly 'hmmm' , 'okay'.

After some time when it was getting late he left not before giving me a long lingering kiss on my lips. I waved him a goodbye and he left.

I took a nice long shower and changed into my comfortable pj's and hopped onto the bed.