Chapter 42

[Unedited]

Erica

The sound of Alex's voice broke me and Ethan from our passionate embrace. We both stared at each other until we heard a loud scream.

Alex was standing near my door with a paper bag in one hand and the other hand was covering her mouth probably to stop herself from erupting into another scream. I covered myself where I was naked and Ethan did the same. He looked flustered and we both were hit by the same sense of embarrassment. This was mortification on another level.

"I swear I didn't see anything." Alex said covering her eyes. She turned around and hurriedly went into the first room that she found open giving us space to be modest. Ethan snatched his discarded shirt from the floor and handed me my clothes. I just put back my top that reached midway to my thighs without bothering to put on any pants. Once we both were clothed I looked at him to see his face flushed red.

He noticed me staring at him and asked, "Why does she have a key to your home?"

"I gave it to her a few years back. Just in case of emergency." I replied. He rolled his eyes and rubbed his face annoyingly.

"Are you mad at me? I am sorry, I didn't know she would barge in all of a sudden."

He was embarrassed a lot and I felt the need to apologize. Anyone would he embarrassed if someone were to walk in on you having sex.

"Its fine. I just... " He chuckled,".. I wasn't finished yet." My cheeks burned with the blushing.

"Me too." My voice came out more shy than I had intended to.

I called Alex back in the living room. She came with her eyes still covered. "Are you guys decent?" She asked. Ethan rolled his eyes at her statement. I immediately answered, "Yes." She slowly opened her eyes and when she was satisfied that we were clothed, she let out a sigh of relief. I saw Ethan had an annoyed look on his face. Poor guy.

"So I assume you guys are back together." Alex began. Almost immediately Ethan wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to his body and answered, "We are. And I am never letting her go again." I smiled at him.

"Oh.. Well that's good to hear. I brought you food but I think you already had your dinner.. " I sent her a glare hoping she would stop taunting us. Ethan was already pissed at her for stopping our session. Hell, even I was disappointed to stop. It was very sweet of Alex to bring me food and take care of me. I was grateful for that but she had a wrong timing.

"Thanks Alex. I'll just take a shower then we'll have dinner together." I said.

"Oh, don't bother. I'll leave you to alone." She said turning to leave.

"No wait, Ethan was just leaving. He isn't staying." I said and signaled him to comply but if anything he narrowed his eyes at me.

"I am not leaving. I just got a moment with you and you are already kicking me out. Not fair baby." He said and tightened his hold on me. He looked liked a stubborn kid.

"Okay fine." I said.

"You two do whatever you are supposed to do, while I take a shower and some rest. And don't exert yourself too much, you'll get tired." I nodded at his words. It was strange all of a sudden having Ethan being so concerning about our baby. A few weeks back I didn't even know whether I'll ever tell him or not but now we were happy and together.

"She isn't going to exert herself while eating food. If anything what you you were doing earlier was exerting. Poor girl, she looks so exhausted." Alex fired back at Ethan. I looked at Alex in bewilderment. There was no way she said that to Ethan.

"Whatever, she is mine. I'll do anything I want. But you, be careful before barging in like you own the f*cking place. I don't tolerate such misbehaving attitude Alexandra." Ethan looked genuinely pissed at her. He was ready to burst. I placed my hand on his chest hoping to calm him down.

"This isn't your office Mr. Monroe. And I am not your employee here." Alex flipped her hair dramatically. I mentally noted to never bring these both face to face together. From the corner of my eyes I saw Ethan's jaw set in a hard line.

"Listen, you.. "

"Ethan why don't you take some rest, I'll come back quickly." I sweetly smiled at him and pecked his lips. He exhaled an audible breath and walked out of there leaving me and Alex all by ourselves. I could feel how angry he was right now.

Meanwhile Alex was silently watching me with her arms crossed. I saw the food bag lying on the table and without saying anything I picked it up went to the kitchen. She followed behind me.

"Are you expecting me to apologize?" Alex asked.

"No." I replied.

"Good because I am not going to apologize." She said.

I wordlessly ate my food and reserved some for Ethan. He would be hungry after he woke up.

"How did all of this happen? I didn't even know that you both were together again." Alex asked once I was finished eating.

"He came a here a day ago and apologized a lot. I couldn't stop myself from letting go and I told him about the baby too." I told her. She had a worried expression on her face.

"Was he okay with that? How did he take the news?" She asked.

"Of course, he was so happy." I replied recalling the moment some time ago when he was talking with our baby.

"Good, I am happy for you." I smiled at her and we both continued our conversation. After so many days I felt relaxed and contented. Everything was falling into place now and it was all that I could wish for.

"But seriously though, couch? You both were doing it on the couch?" She scrunched her face in disgust. I was embarrassed enough to think about the whole situation.

"Can we please not talk about it? Its already embarrassing that you walked in on us having sex, I don't want to talk about it further." I said, to which she threw her head back laughing. I continued stuffing food in my mouth. I didn't noticed earlier but the food was exceptionally tasty.

A long moment of silence between us. Suddenly Alex asked me, "Are you happy?" I looked at her in surprise.

"Of course I am happy Alex. I am happy that its all getting better and better. Why do you ask?" I spoke genuinely.

"I just want to make sure that my best friend is happy. Don't get me wrong, but are you doing this just for your baby?" I was taken aback by her words.

"No Alex, how could you say that? I am really happy with Ethan. I love him." That's all I could say to convince her about my decision. Now that he had realized his mistake and we both had solved our issues, nothing could stop us from being together.

"I know, I just don't want you to pressure yourself into something that you aren't sure of. I am just looking out for my best friend."

"I know." I replied giving her a smile. I was truly blessed to have a friend like Alex. She was with me through my good and bad times. Every time she supported me and if it weren't for her support I would never have the courage to confess my love for Ethan. If I didn't have Ethan then I wouldn't have his baby currently growing in my womb.

"Thanks Alex, for everything." I gave her a tight hug letting her know how much she meant to me. "I will always be there for you and my favorite godchild." She said making me smile.

---*-*-*---

Vote
Comment
& Share