Chapter 30

Erica

Its been another week of hell for me. I have been having an affair with my bed as I was mostly sick. Every now and then I was hit with nausea. I couldn't even stand the smell of fish and some other smelly items. Not to mention that Ethan has distanced himself from me. I thought that he would come to apologize or explain his part but he didn't even bother calling me. I felt hurt by his lack of concern. I used to go to office but then I avoided seeing him. I caught his glimpse here and there but that was it. Not talking, no meeting.

Alex insisted on giving him time, but I had absolutely zero patience now. I was frustrated, angry, grumpy and I didn't even know why.

"Erica Williams. You can go in now." I looked hearing my name from one of the hospital nurses calling me. Alex had forced me to get done with a check up because I had fallen sick a couple of times in front of her. So here I was now taking a day off from work, calling sick.

I went in side and after a while all the tests were taken. They told me to collect the reports after three days and I made the payments and left. Once I reached home I hopper onto the bed and took a nap for about two hours. After I woke up I felt a little better. I no longer felt nauseous. Not wanting to cook anything, I opened a pack of chips and turned on my Netflix watching some of my favorite shows.

Ethan still hadn't called me and the more I thought about him the more I felt hurt. The door bell rang and I got up groaning from my bed and went up to my door. I opened the door to see Ethan standing there with a a worried expression on his face. I just stared at him before he spoke.

"Can I come in?"

I snapped out of my trance and all the anger from the past week flew in back.

"No." I was about to slam the door on his face but he stopped it.

"Baby, I need to talk to you. Can we go somewhere outside?" He sounded serious and therfore I went with him thinking that he would provide me some kind of explanation. Honestly whatever he would say can never justify lying to me and going behind my back. But still I was ready to listen to him. He drove for a few streets until we were to a lonely bridge.

"Alexandra said that you were sick. What happened? "

Ignoring his questions I stood in front of him face to face and asked the one question that I had been dying to get the answer for.

"Why did you lie to me? "

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Baby, I didn't lie to you I just didn't tell you the whole thing."

"Okay fine, Why did you hide things from me?" I spoke in irritation.

"I didn't want to hurt you. I knew you'd get mad if I told you that I was going to meet Christine."

"If you knew that then why did you meet her? For God's sake Ethan, you can't go an a date with any other woman when you already have a girlfriend. Your parents want you to get married to her. What do you expect me to do then? I can't be happy knowing that. You've hurt me so much." My voice broke at the last part. I don't even know why I was crying.

"I'm sorry that I hurt you. I just had to go there because Dad wanted me to go."

"You say that everytime Ethan. Everytime you say sorry and everytime I forgive you. Do you even love me?" I asked annoyed at his behavior.

"I know, I don't know what to do. I am trying to make everyone happy. I don't want to hurt anyone."

"You can't make everyone happy. You should think about your own happiness. Your problem is that you care about others so much that you lose yourself in giving others. Be selfish sometimes. You have the right to be happy and to do as you please. Your father can't tell you what to do anymore."