Chapter 8

Ruby's next morning was a normal one as she returned to work. Ruby was responsible for her daughter and her pack, thus she needed to earn enough money to feed their mouths. She made to her office and started to see the notes that Shelly had made on the list.

Ruby hadn't meet her new client, but the ideas gave a vision that she could see a destination. She quickly started planning and her day ended. She went home and found her daughter and Shelly ready to visit her new family.

Ruby got ready quickly and they went to their big house. When they arrived at the pack house, Elena and Shelly were astonished by the beautiful and bright house. They entered and the melodic laughter of the wolves were heard. They all turned to see their Alpha at the door. Ruby introduced to everyone her daughter and Shelly. The few women from the pack helped with the cooking and the rest were playing with Elena.

The view that Ruby saw was breath taking as she understood that they needed a direction that only she was able to give. Kindness was something that rogues didn't know, yet they were playing with her daughter. The dinner was ready and she called everyone at the table. They all sat down and ate together, like family, but Ruby knew that there was darkness on everyone that they kept locked.

Ruby was determinate to tame all of them and show their full potential. She also realised that as their Alpha, she had something dark inside of her and something that was more dangerous.

After few days, Ruby brought another house near to the pack family. Her pack members were happy that their Alpha was near and they were able to pester Ruby for something. Ruby's wolf was proud of her family and treated them as their pups.

Ruby was working for a fundraising event and she had decorated the hall per the client's instructions. She was ready to show her details to her client, as she was meeting him for the first time.

She was instructing a human girl to put the banner properly, when she caught a foul scent. Her wolf was on high alert for anything. Ruby turned around and looked at a man in suit. He was pale looking with black hair and green eyes.

Along with him were two stoic men who looked like his bodyguards. She shouted loud and clear to all humans to go home and come tomorrow.

They were smiling by this announcement and they all were gone, leaving Ruby and the three men in front of her. Ruby waited for something but their words were cut short when Ruby said loud and clear, "You are a vampire."

The vampire looked at her like he never saw a she-wolf in his life. He said as an acknowledgement, "You are a werewolf."

Ruby stayed in one place and nodded slowly. Never leaving his green eyes, she asked, "What do you want?"

The vampire smirked and said, "You are rogue, yet I feel some power. Why is that?"

Ruby was about to snap at him, when a familiar voice said, "She is our Alpha."

All faces turned to Isaac and Dylan and they walked till they were next to Ruby. Ruby repeated, "What do you want?"

The vampire and his bodyguards looked at each other, in disbelieve. The vampire said, "I am waiting for someone called Ruby Warzone."

Ruby nodded and said, "That's me. You must be Mr. Lockwood."

The vampire said with a grin, "Just Jeremy."

Jeremy started walking near to Ruby, when Isaac and Dylan growled. That lead Jeremy to stop and stare sternly at them. They continued to growl till Ruby sent them home and Jeremy asked the same from their bodyguards. They argued with Ruby and Jeremy, but soon they were alone in that room.

Ruby tried to avoid his stare, but Jeremy was burning a hole into Ruby's head. She looked at Jeremy shyly at Jeremy and smiled. She said, "I see that you are organising this event for children who need help. That is very noble."

Jeremy quickly said with a straight face, "I just did for blood. Humans love to attend to these things and I love to drink."

Ruby frowned by the words that he had spoken. She nodded and said evenly, "Everything is ready. Is there anything else that I can do for you?"

Jeremy smirked and responded, "I want you to be my date for this event tonight."

Ruby was shocked by his request and contemplated what to do. She needed this go smoothly as money was necessary to feed her family, and this vampire in front of her was filthy rich. 

She found herself nodding for his request and walked away without any word, leaving him alone.

*****

Read, vote and comment!