Chapter 42

Next day, everyone was in the kitchen talking and eating, but as soon as Ruby entered everyone stares at her.

Ruby was unsure why they were all looking sad, but before Ruby could ask, Isaac beat to it, "That ring..."

Ruby looked at the ring and realised that the night before happens and her life had another meaning. Before Ruby could announce, Elena shouted, "Mummy going to marry Daddy."

Everyone looked at Ruby like they were burning holes on Ruby's hand. Ruby took that opportunity to tell Elena to go upstairs and change. When Elena disappeared, Ruby spoke, "Jeremy proposed and I said yes."

Isaac asked, "Why?"

Magda quickly followed, "Are you going to leave us?"

Ruby remembered of their conversation yester and Ruby answered, "I am not going anywhere, nor will change anything. I just will have a partner."

Dylan corrected, "A vampire."

Ruby said, "He is the only one that my heart beats for."

Magda asked, "Isn't that only for the mates?"

Ruby sighed and said, "They rejected me without thinking twice. I want to be with him."

Isaac asked, "Why didn't you say earlier?"

Ruby said, "It was complicated."

Dylan continued, "Elena called Jeremy her dad, she must really like him."

Ruby nodded and said, "She does."

Magda asked, "Does he make you happy, Alpha?"

Ruby said with a smile, "Yes, I love him."

Everyone stayed quiet while they digested the news. After a few moments, several wolves said congratulations and they were happy with her.

Ruby announced, "He will come here today for dinner. I hope--"

Dylan answered, "We will be on our best behaviour, Ruby."

Ruby smiled, "Thank you all of us for accepting me, Elena and Jeremy."

Isaac said, "You don't need to thank us. We are your pack, your family. You accepted us, so we accept you and anyone that you choose to be in your life. But Alpha, you can never leave us."

Ruby promised, "I promise I won't."

The day passed quickly after sending Elena to school and Ruby went to work. She finished her event plans and had handed them to her secretary, which was more than happy for the workload. Ruby decided to take a few weeks off.

She was tired of the events had happened days ago. Ruby had tried to contact other Alphas but she didn't have any luck, they were avoiding her. She decided to give them some time and she hoped that they would understand one day.

Ruby pulled up and entered her pack house and was immediately greeted by a smiling Elena. They hugged and walked to the dining room, where Jeremy and Alex were already sitting.

As soon as they saw, all heads followed and smiled at Ruby. She entered and sat on the chair next to Jeremy. Ruby asked Jeremy, "I didn't know you were already here."

Jeremy smiled, "I decided to come early and meet everybody."

Ruby looked at smirking Isaac and asked, "I hope you all didn't scare Jeremy off."

Isaac defended, "We are just talking."

The dinner was full of laughter and food. Everyone got involved in the conversations and they celebrated her engagement once again. They all liked Jeremy and Alex a lot and threatened Jeremy to never break Ruby's heart. Although Ruby and Jeremy had problems, it felt like they have been since eternity and they were made for each other, even if they weren't mates.